Skip navigation

RB Abuse Petition

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > RB Abuse Petition
Pages 1 2 3 4 5
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 3:39 pm

I really think you are not grasping the difference between foul/hurtful/vulgar language and plain old childish humor. Your example of "Kentucky Mattress" clearly depicts the latter. It is by no means offensive to the RB community; at best it is amusing and childish. RB environment is NOT a boot camp and players have the right to humor and kid around at their own free will. Now if you feel that this was a personal attack on you then you are the only one who could possibly know what caused that individual to do that to you. As you yourself said in recent commentaries, we ought to cheer up and take it easy. :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 4:04 pm

I agree that there is a total difference between being humorous and offensive...Just as long as the offensive part stays out. I would hope that you wouldn't think that name or comment was directed at you. Would you? :( As you know, kid's will be kid's :wink:

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 4:08 pm

Yep. :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 4:57 pm

Will they EVER...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 5:05 pm

Can they BE....

Level 19 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 5:24 pm

Well being that my sister and I r the only ones from Kentucky on the board and my notes usually read " A Soft Place 2 Fall " it doesn!t take a rocket sciencist 2 figure it out. U hit the nail on the head, childish. I am thankful that LDA knows about it and knows who this player is. Abuse is abuse. It comes in many forms.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 7:20 pm

It sure does! But the sad reality is that we are more opt to identify the abuser when we are the victims of the abuse and much less gutsy to recognize that our own actions and behaviors can be just as abusive.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 8:58 pm

just 1 thing to say about rbt. u can use your mute button but if they goto public chat that wont mute and its for all to see. in rb that dosnt apply.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 9:20 pm

Yep, but that's why it called the "Public" chat room. :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 9:51 pm

Solid logic, Jujaga :!: Public is for the Public :idea:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 9:55 pm

Just too adept for this boy...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 9:58 pm

No doubt :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 11:03 pm

public is for the public but it should be clean. i'm 33 year old male and i have a little brother who is 8 year old and i wouldnt want him to see that kind of laungauge written. i dont have to be in the chat room in order for the new chat to signal to appear. knowing that it could be anyone.
not sure if u understand but this is what it is.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 11:11 pm

You can tell if you are connected to the Public Chat Room if you see a Chat box image on the top right, if it isn't there, you aren't connected to it, if it is, then you are connected to it. Solution, just click on somebody's name in the chat list and it should go away. Anything else? :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 11:18 pm

no that does not work here it will comeup even when im in someone elses chat...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 11:27 pm

My advice to you is that untill the LDA makes the changes you better off keeping ur 8 year old away from the RBT. That's the best u can do in the time being. There are plenty of child friendly games on other websites.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 11:28 pm

of course--because someone is talking TO you--and sort of at you as well, if that's the case...in which case, you would have to mute those you weren't talking to--if that's possible in RBT...havent been there in ages, so I'm not sure what the set-up is exactly...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 11:29 pm

Well... you can tell if you are in the Chat if you have the image at the top, u are in the chat room. Also, the text is colored. If it's white, it's coming directly from the person to you.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 11:30 pm

and if it is, can you stop it from being sent in the first place--would be the question, yes??

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2005 at 11:35 pm

i was just making a general point about that game. trust me i wouldnt encourage any youngster to play here till something dose get done.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5