Skip navigation

Locking camera position

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Locking camera position
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 14, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Is there a way to lock the camera angle, height, etc once I have it where I want it? You know, like using Scroll Lock to stop adjustment (not camera position on the map of course, just the positioning of the camera)?

Any comments?

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 3:17 pm

We don't currently have such a feature but we could look into it if there's a demand.

Alternatively you could change the bindings in the controls.xml file if you want to turn off zooming on the mousewheel for example which would make it harder to do accidentally.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 16, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I didn't think about turning off mousewheel action. I do use it to scroll around the map, but I may just disable that, I use the arrows/wasd just as often. It's really when I'm using the right/left click together to rotate... I can just use keyboard commands to rotate and such... not that a big deal....

(tangent) I only need to rotate to look at combat when in mountain passes, etc. Can the occlusion (if there's even any, can't really remember) be adjusted so when I mouse over troops the foreground just fades away so I don't need to rotate? ;)

Thanks for the reply