Skip navigation

Game wont start!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Game wont start!
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 13, 2010 at 5:01 am

Hi, i have purchased the game yesterday via steam. First everything was ok, the game started after installing it and i played about one hour without any problems. When i wanted to continue my game, i had the problem that the game wont start anymore. If i start it from the Steam menu, the launcher is shown correct, but nothing happens when i press the "play" button...
I have Windows 7 (64bit) running and execute the game as an Admin, game should be the latest version as its played via steam as already mentioned. I really have no clue what the problem might be is it steam triggered or a bug? Any suggestions from your side?

Thank you in Advance!
BR

Level 9 Human Lord-General
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 13, 2010 at 5:10 am

Well as a fellow steam user with the game I am not having this problem. Until a developer answers I'll see what I can think of that could possibly help.

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the cache? (Just in case you're not sure how to do that) Go to the Games Library -> Find Hegemony: Philip of Macedon -> Right Click on it -> Select Properties from the pop-up menu -> Select the Local Files tab on the new window that came up -> select Verify Integrity of Game Cache. When Steam fixed the issue with the Hegemony: Philip of Macedon demo appearing in the Games Library (for those who owned the game) it may have damaged some of the game files by accident or something..

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 13, 2010 at 9:24 am

Hi Malkael,

thanks for your answer. At least i can be sure now that its not a steam issue. I´ve checked the game files as you suggested but it found no errors, saying something like "all files checked succesful.." Im trying to uninstall the game and install it completely new but im afraid i´ll have the same problems again...

Ok, solved the problem. It was Steam issued, i downloaded the game new from the longbow site, using my steam product key to play and now as i start without steam everything works perfect.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 16, 2010 at 5:07 am

Glad to hear you've got it sorted out. I'm still working with Steam to smooth out the rough edges, but luckily the way we use serial codes means we can always support our customers even if they're having trouble with a copy purchased from a different site.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 18, 2010 at 8:17 am

Must be a steam problem. i found this forum trying to fix my copy of the game which had the same problem you were having. Sadly I have almost maxed my download limit by redownloading multiple times. This could be a long month to wait...

Is it possible for the developers to confer with steam and try and find out what the problem is at some stage in the future? I did after all play the demo through steam and buy it from there as I am sure many other people will.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 18, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I have tried both ways to get the game working to no avail.... the one I purchase on steam, wont work after I registered it(wont open at all after I press "play")..... and the Hegemony Gold, i downloaded later, does not accept the KEY from the first :(, I played over two hours of it, only to find out I have to purchase the game again, :(
... I have sent the crew an email, hopefully they have time to respond to it soon, I've been itching to play it and cannot get "lift off" as of now.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on November 18, 2010 at 4:36 pm

nd the Hegemony Gold, i downloaded later, does not accept the KEY from the first :(, I played over two hours of it, only to find out I have to purchase the game again, :(

As of the beta release last friday, Hegemony Gold uses its own serial key rather than sharing with Philip. However, we're currently offering free keys to all Philip customers who want to give it a try. Click here for instructions.