Skip navigation

Decline truce amendment a broken truce?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Decline truce amendment a broken truce?
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Hi guys. I read about truces in the manual but can't seem to figure out one question. It says if you break a truce, your relations with other factions will be permanently affected. what about when a faction tries to amend a truce? if i decline the amendment or let the offer expire are my relations still affected permanently with other factions?

In my current game I have had a long standing truce with the Illyrians, however they have continually asked for more and more money. Now that my other fronts have stabilized, I no longer feel the need to maintain the truce. Next time they ask for more tribute, i plan to decline the offer.

Thanks for any info! :)

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Hi guys. I read about truces in the manual but can't seem to figure out one question. It says if you break a truce, your relations with other factions will be permanently affected. what about when a faction tries to amend a truce? if i decline the amendment or let the offer expire are my relations still affected permanently with other factions?

In my current game I have had a long standing truce with the Illyrians, however they have continually asked for more and more money. Now that my other fronts have stabilized, I no longer feel the need to maintain the truce. Next time they ask for more tribute, i plan to decline the offer.

Thanks for any info! :)

If you let the truce expire, the hostility should not go up at all. It's very easy to test that though, just save right before it expires, make sure you remember your numbers, then after it expires, check the ratings for all the factions. If they went up, then it does effect it, if everything stayed the same, then you're all good.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 3:53 pm

If you decline a demand for money then that faction's hostility should not go up. If it does there's a bug. I believe the tooltip when you put the mouse over the message on the left side of the screen should say this but I can try to make it clearer. Also, admittedly the manual does need a few adjustments as we've tweaked diplomacy a little since it was written based on feedback from you guys.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 12, 2010 at 10:10 am

thank you very much for the replies!

of course now when I want to test it, the Illryians seem content with the current truce. Hehe. I am sure it will work fine, but I will let you know if it doesnt.

Thanks again!!

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on November 12, 2010 at 10:32 am

I've rewritten the diplomacy help page for the next update to better match the current features and hopefully make this clearer. It's also my goal to have the exact hostility penalties listed when you break a truce but that might not make it in for a while.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 12, 2010 at 10:35 am

sounds great. thanks rob!