Skip navigation

Hegemony keeps crashing

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Hegemony keeps crashing
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 11:04 am

Hi.
I purchased Hegemony a few days ago and everything was fine till today. I'm currently fighting around Metropolis. I can play for several minutes before the games crashes. It seems to happen when I'm on pause and then click on the map to change area. It's quite frustrating. But what is weird is that I don't have any kind of message saying what's wrong.
Thanks for any kind of help.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Problem seems solved apparently. I hope it doesn't start again.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 10:20 pm

If it does happen again, let me know. If you can find a reliable way to cause a crash, we can usually fix it pretty quickly.

Intermittent crashes are also commonly caused by hardware/driver problems, so you might want to double check that your CPU/GPU aren't overheating, you have the latest graphics drivers installed, there's no corruption in your RAM/hard drive, etc...

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 1:00 am

I have had a multitude of crashes in the latest Gold build. Some say something about no room for battalion formations, others say something about RTTI route not found, and others say things about trying to access memory. All dump to desktop. I've sent my error logs to Rob, but can't find the save games to send him. Where are those located.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 13, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Your saved games are either in your Documents folder or your Saved Games folder, depending on whether you have Windows XP or Windows Vista/7, but we'll be launching a new installer today, so you can hold off on the report for now.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 22, 2011 at 5:21 pm

i got the 1.1.4 patch and it was suppose to fix the crashing deal but i'm still getting the memory cant be read message. than is asked me if i want to make a dump file. is there another patch coming out. do i need to send you my dxdiaq file. please help