Skip navigation

Some decent challenge at last...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Some decent challenge at last...
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 7:58 am

I have conquered half the map so far, and i am outside of athens...i conquered a city which was surrounded by athenians...i have to say it may have been a mistake...but it was awesome....athenians kept coming from like 3-4 cities...Huge army!! I loved it!! For the first time through the campain i had a decent challenge!!!

Now i see how strong athenians are....but that doesnt make them unbeatable right? A good strategy and a good spot to start conquering them will do the job!!
Now i want to ask something...If conquer some cities from which they keep sending me ships with units, will they keep doing that from other cities? or their sea raids will stop??

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 9:12 am

They'll start sending them from other places. For example, I took the area with Pydna and sea assaults came from another city whose name I can't remember and from a city called Thasos. I'm sure if I conquered those then another island city will send raids.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 9:49 am

They never stop. But you can deal with them by keeping 4-6 naval units in Olizon and a couple more in Pydna to protect Macedonia and a similar force near Neapolis to protect the east. When you see them sailing out - attack. Aim for hoplites. Rarely anything survives but if it does a single tribal cavalry can handle it.
There is another way – cut off the food supply to them. They will not send out raids if they don’t have food, at least to start with.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 11:40 am

i see thx a lot!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 1:52 pm

lol, that's nothing, wait till you go into Thebes, then the Attica region, and you'll totally stir up that hornets nests there is not even funny.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I did that :D thats what i did...and kept coming from anywhere.... :D i won that huge battle...but decided to leave the city later, and rethink where to strike better ;)