Skip navigation

Building Villas

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Building Villas
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 6:14 am

I bought the game on steam a few days ago (loving it btw) and i used the code to download the gold edition which is even more fun but i can't seem to build any villas in the Philip campaign on the gold edition. i have tried soldiers slaves and workers but every time i get the message "Terrain is inaccessible" am i the only one having this problem or am i just being an idiot and missing something??

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 7:17 am

You are certainly not an idiot, i cant build it too! Apparently the generals spawn on your cities, no more need for villas. They have disabled it for now. Gold is beta anyway!!! and they will find something to do with the villas of course!!

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 1:55 pm

You are certainly not an idiot, i cant build it too! Apparently the generals spawn on your cities, no more need for villas. They have disabled it for now. Gold is beta anyway!!! and they will find something to do with the villas of course!!

With Gold, they got rid of the Villas because it just did not fit into the campaign for the 2 new scenarios it was going to introduce. Same goes for Phillip now basically, so all your generals will spawn at a city once the appropriate objective has been completed.

The only thing now, which they are aware of, since Villas are no good anymore, it deliberately creates little pockets of Fog of War where there honestly shouldn't be any, so hopefully a solution to that (whether increase LoS of all cities or something which Rob has stated he could consider) present itself in a future update for Gold.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 5:10 pm

For update 8 (coming soon) I've adjusted the city view distance to get rid of those small fog pockets in lower macedonia.