Skip navigation

More Single City Campains?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > More Single City Campains?
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 10:03 am

I love this game, but i dont like the fact that on other campains you start with many cities army etc.....i find it annoying and i like a lot better to build my empire from scratch.(my opinion)...is there any chance you add more campains like Philips? Starting with one city and expanding from scratch?

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 11:51 am

The Ionian campaign that's coming very soon to gold starts with only one city and there is quite a variety of starting sizes in the sandbox. If you're looking for smaller factions try the Arcadians, Argolis, Aetolian League, Achaean League, Corinth or the Paeonians - all have less than half a dozen cities at the start. I'll look at adding some more info to the sandbox descriptions to make the size clearer.

We've still got a lot of work to balance the scenarios that are in there but we can look into adding some more non-historical scenarios if you've got any ideas.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I see thx...i have idea...Maybe a scenario where many factions are allied to each other from the start.

Like Athens+thebes....Sparta+their neighbours...Illyrians+Paeonias.....Macedon+Thesallia...small alliances like that from the start!!

You chooce an alliance, then chooce the faction in each alliance to play with!!!!

And for example if you have sparta, and make truce with Athens, it automatically grants you truce with Thebes as well....!!

Level 8 Human Salesman
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Are you guys planning on releasing any mod tools? Seems like this game just screams for a tactical real time tactics conversion, and that doesn't even address the RPG style niche.

Posted on November 10, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Unfortunately most of our tools are too rough for release as we haven't really had the resources to polish them. However, most of the game's assets are fairly exposed in the game folder and you're welcome to mess around with them. There's a file in resources\data called globals.xnt that contains most of the stats for the game and we've had people tweak that in the past.

Level 8 Human Lord-General
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 4:50 pm

On the idea of additional campaigns, how well could a campaign on Pyrrhus of Epirus' exploits in Greece work? I only really know the basics about him so wouldn't be sure if he is suitable to build a campaign in Greece around. But like Philip II of Macedon he seems to be an interesting figure less covered in video games then say someone like Hannibal, Alexander and other famous figures.

Posted on November 10, 2010 at 5:19 pm

While i don't know much about Pyrrhus of Epirus beyond what I can google, he does sound like an interesting figure.

I should clarify myself on the comment about additional campaigns. It would be possible if there's enough interest to make a new sandbox game where you start as a lone city-state in the middle of persia for example or to have some pre-existing alliances in place. Unfortunately, quite a bit of work goes into the writing and scripting of the historical scenarios and so we won't be able to add anymore of those to gold.

Level 8 Human Lord-General
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Save the idea for another time then, can only cram so much awesome in to one awesome game after all. With the amount of enjoyment I get from Hegemony I'm sure to check out, and likely buy, any further sequels and expansions packs. The sandbox idea sounds intriguing as I do like to start off as a small empire\city-state and grow to be a dominant power in the region. It is an interesting change from managing a pre-existing large empire, and fraught with its own challenges.

Gets my two thumbs up if there is time to implement it alongside everything else in Hegemony Gold.

Level 8 Human gamer, Giant Microwave operator, stalker, Rapist
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Even if it cannot be implemented, i still would love to be able to one day get the option to create a city somewhere and choice maybe name banners and few other things, and just create my own history. It's fantasy, but I've been looking for a game like that and quite frankly, civilization came close, but just wasn't as fun for me when all your doing is taking more land than your opponents. A real military battle between Persia, and the Kalecktonian Marine Force makes my geek side go screaming.

Posted on November 10, 2010 at 6:29 pm

If we have time for easter eggs a secret Kalecktonian Marine Force faction will be at the top of my list :)

Level 8 Human gamer, Giant Microwave operator, stalker, Rapist
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 6:36 pm

LOL. Actually the word Kalecktonian is something I made up in a book I finished. Got to do three more books before i decide to go out and try to get published. If it never gets published, I'll still keep it. Ever since i started kaleckton been my gamer name in everything.