Skip navigation

Hegemony: Cannot register game with serial Key

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Hegemony: Cannot register game with serial Key
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Hello, I try to input my serial key into the box and when I press ok, two error messages pop up saying: REGCreator.exe ::
Windows cannot access the specified device,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. // and then the second error message says: Registration error: Your registration could not be saved!

I have tried reinstalling it 3 times and the same occurs. I am running Windows Xp, and in administator. It is a real pain because I am leaving for 3 months in a few days and I probably wont get a chance to play the game for a while. THank you

Edit: I do not think my anti virus is blocking it.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 1:36 am

Hey, I responded to your email, but I'll respond here too, in case anybody else is having this problem.

If you're ever having trouble registering your game, the ultimate fail-safe is to add it to the registry yourself. To do that, press [Windows]+[R] on your keyboard to open the "Run..." screen and run "regedit".

When regedit opens, navigate to the following folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Longbow Digital Arts\Hegemony Philip of Macedon

(If you don't see that folder, you can right-click on the parent folder and choose New->Key to create it.)

Now, in the right-hand panel, right-click and choose New->String Value and name the string "Serial". Then double-click on it and set its value to whatever your serial code is.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Did exactly what you said and it works! Thank you so much!

Level 8 Human Pimpin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 31, 2010 at 2:09 pm

i did what you said as well, but before i changed it. it showed up as 111111111. any idea on why it would have been that? i bought the game thru steam, which i know is bad enough lol. anyways thanks for the tip works great now that i got the key in