Skip navigation

Supply route question

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Supply route question
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Hey guys. Playing a sandbox game with the Paeonians and I am finding as my kingdom expands I am running out of supply nodes to connect my new conquests with my home cities. is there a way to increase the # of supply nodes you have in the cities? i am curious as I have about 8 mines near my main cities but I only have enough supply nodes to connect to 4 of them. thanks again! great game! :)

Level 9 Human Cyborg
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Hey guys. Playing a sandbox game with the Paeonians and I am finding as my kingdom expands I am running out of supply nodes to connect my new conquests with my home cities. is there a way to increase the # of supply nodes you have in the cities? i am curious as I have about 8 mines near my main cities but I only have enough supply nodes to connect to 4 of them. thanks again! great game! :)

You aren't able to increase the amount of supply nodes per city.

Just in case, you do know not every city has to be connected right? You can have different "Hubs" and then connect one city from one hub with another in a different hub then troop replenishment will be available. Works well with port cities. Connect a hub to a port, then you can use water routes to connect hubs together, though troop replenishment won't work during the winter if it requires use of the water route.

Also you don't have to connect all cities to your network. Especially ones surrounded by lots of mines. Usually I'll just hook them up to all the mines and not worry about connecting them to my Supply line, the income still works as long as the mine is connected to a city or a fort. Usually have a local garrison in them that I can use to capture some sheep for the occasional food to feed the garrison if a close farm isn't connected. Other than that I leave it alone.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. When you say hub, do you mean a farm or a mine? Also, can you remove supply routes? I may have to reorganize what i have.

Level 9 Human Cyborg
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 4:30 pm

By "Hub" I mean a group of cities. Like the starting area of the Philip campaign. You have Aegeae, Emathia, Edessa, Almopia, Pella, and Edomene.

Basically I have the following connections:

Aegeae -> Emathia
Edessa -> Emathia
Pella -> Emathia
Almopia -> Edessa
Edomene -> Pella

That's my "Starter" hub

As I progress and gain terrorities I add more hubs to them, some cities/forts are just "Connectors" and not really a hub for me.

I use Elimea as a "Connector" city. I connect it to Emathia. I also connect Elimea to Olooson and Tricca.

Olooson is part of my "Larissa" hub, which is connected to all the surrounding cities. Thus all those cities in the Larissa hub are now connected to my starter hub and can benefit from troop replenishment.

Then I have a city like Sintike which has 4 available connections. It has 3 nearby mines and 1 farm. So I connect it to the 3 mines and the farm, it's not connected to main supply line, but I don't use it as a staging point so it's not needed. It's basically just an income hub, 240 gold from the 3 mines and the 1 farm produces enough food for it's Garrison and to restock troops that I may move through the area.

And remember, Forts have 2 available connections. So you can connect a city to a fort, then the fort to a farm/mine and get benefits of both. Or you can connect 2 hubs together through a fort like Edomene -> Fort at the Iron Gates -> Stobi

Also if you're playing the gold version (don't think it works in the steam/regular version) you can click on supply routes, doing so you can upgrade them (Increase food capacity at the cost of gold) or delete them so you can connect a different supply route.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. When you say hub, do you mean a farm or a mine? Also, can you remove supply routes? I may have to reorganize what i have.

I think the poster meant Hubs as in major cities, like for example, you can use Larissa as a good Hub to connect a lot of cities to your main ones, since it has many supply points, and just make sure that's connected to at least one other major city that's also serving as a hub for that area for subsequent cities. In my playthoughs I find I usually just have enough nodes do accomplish what I need to accomplish without running into limits, since I also use the Forts to Mines technique. (I try to avoid farms connected to Forts, since it doesn't work as good as it being connected to a city instead, but sometimes you have no choice, like when you get closer to the black seas with the abundant farms there)

As to the second question, You can, just click on the actual supply route itself, and you should see a x button on the interface to remove it. As per Alpha 7 Gold, you can also make the changes now on the Strategic Map which is much more convenient.

Edit: lol beaten too it, ohh well hehe

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Thanks guys! Makes sense now :)

Level 9 Human gamer, Giant Microwave operator, stalker, Rapist
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 10, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Shoot, i keep all of my cities connected one way or another by land. Play as spartians and I get attacked all over my west coast by the athenians, so I tend to have a high need to keep all of my supplies running. Although my major food route is sparta to messene, and then connect every city north right through elis where most of my troops are at getting ready to break the peace with arcadia and to invade. Also got troops in sparta to take out their food cities in the east. Man its gonna be a long hour.