Skip navigation

Think I am crazy but

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Think I am crazy but
Level 9 Human gamer, Giant Microwave operator, stalker, Rapist
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 2:20 am

I swear its better to attack in the winter when you enemy has fewer supplies than during the summer. Usually wait till halfway through the winter, then I grab my supplies, and go invade the nearest city with some sheeps as support. when you can grab 2-4 sheeps before the winter, and get them close to where you want them, its become hard for the ai to fight back when they are having supply issues. all i got to do is take out the cities with their farms first, and its so much easier to take on the rest of their army because its as though someone turned off a switch, theres just hardly any of them left afterwards that could fight me.

Edit: Yes I post alot, it just means I like this game, and yes I am up at unholy hours, I go to bed early, and im up 25/8, or, i think thats right. im up alot. And I got a job even though wished I could get skills to make video games.

Posted on November 8, 2010 at 3:44 am

Also as a side note, did you guys noticed when you alt tab in gold some of the information inside cities disappear and then reappear after you click on another city or two or is that just me?

Level 9 Human Gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 5:05 am

I also found it a little too easy to do attacks in the winter. As long as your men keep properly supplied it's not too bad.

It might be interesting to see a further negative effect when attacking in winter. Like a -50% detriment to sieges or something. Some further way that you feel your men are being affected by the winter, and not just your farms.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 7:23 am

Or you could have a severe movement penalty mixed with increased supply consumption. That would keep me from attacking in winter.

Level 9 Human Salesman
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 10:11 am

Honestly I think the movement penalty would be enough -Slap on a 50% drop in max movement speed and the longer trips will effectively mandate increased rations (since food usage wouldn't change, a journey that takes 2x the time would also take 2x the food). I think 50% would all but eliminate winter campaigns (although it wouldn't have much effect on campaigns that were launched in the fall and engaged at the beginning of the winter season) - 25% might be a more reasonable number as it makes it substantially less efficient vs. a non winter assault, but not so brutal.

Currently do armies gain any bonus from traveling on roads?

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I don't think they do besides maybe being able to replenish lost soldiers in the Gold version.

Posted on November 8, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Ha ha, maybe I shouldn't talk about features I like to take advantage of, if they go away, I know it'd be because of me. That would make me sad.

Level 9 Human Salesman
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 8:04 pm

If you want an easy win, I can recommend a number of RTS. That doesn't seem to be the goal here, so in my humble opinion kudos for pointing out the issue! Remember too, that harder-to-campaign in the winter means it's harder for everybody, not just the player.

Posted on November 10, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Well the thing with me is as playing as sparta most of the invasions done to me are in the summer, espicially with athenians in their boats raiding my eastern coast.And i stopped using sheeps because I felt as though I was cheating using them. would get about 5 of them every spring inside my borders, move them all up north, and I can take out about 8 cities with 14 hoplites and 3 catapults. Haven't really done anything with boats because it just seems they are not that needed.