Skip navigation

AI

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > AI
Level 9 Human gamer, Giant Microwave operator, stalker, Rapist
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 7, 2010 at 10:54 pm

So playing around as sparta in gold, i've come to the conclusion that the AI don't recognize each other. Or if they do, then they are all friends. As sparta I took a shit load of lands just south of macedonia, and then athens invade. I can understand macedonia responding to that by invading athens and taking back the lands I just lost to atthens, but find it far fetch for them to ignore my loss and go straight for two cities I have left unprotected in the fighting and then hit me in the flank with more troops. Going through Athens new territory the whole time. Maybe just crying about nothing, but I just don't see athens not responding to that army with their bigger army. now i got pockets of macedonia cities that are trying to connect to cities through atthens. only seen one road, but in the end its the same, I don't see this happening at all. So was wondering if you will be adding in the ability for massive wars between AI, and not just be human VS the world.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 7, 2010 at 11:44 pm

The AI in the sandbox is still mostly carried over from the original Philip campaign where it was designed historically to defend itself and take back it's native cities but not to go out and conquer the world. I do still hope to spend some time expanding the AI for gold but we're currently trying to nail down all the game mechanics.