Skip navigation

Runtime Error - [Resolved]

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Runtime Error - [Resolved]
Level 8 Human Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 6, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Hi all,

Since about an hour ago, I have been unable to run the original Philip of Macedon game, getting an error in Settings.xml - so I uninstalled and reinstalled it (using Impulse). Now I get a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error.

What should I do here?

Kage

Edit - OK, I have fixed this. For future reference I am posting how I did it:

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game once again, and got back to the original error, about an unexpected character near line 1 of the Settings.xml file. I just deleted the file and ran the program again - there was no problem after that.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on November 6, 2010 at 9:15 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game once again, and got back to the original error, about an unexpected character near line 1 of the Settings.xml file. I just deleted the file and ran the program again - there was no problem after that.

Sorry about that, if it happens again I'd be very interested if you could post or send me the file. I haven't heard of that one before.

Level 8 Human Gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 7, 2010 at 11:47 pm

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to put error reports. I thought I'd put it here for now so I won't need to make a new topic. Hopefully someone will see it.

For the second time today I got a crash while playing the game. I'm using version 7 of Gold and am playing the Philip campaign. The crash says something about an invalid target selected or something, and usually happens when I'm trying to attack enemies or capture them. I don't see anywhere to upload files, so I'll post a link to the error report so it can be looked at and fixed. The first time it happened today my brother was playing and that was the first crash I'd seen so I overlooked it. But now it happened to me today during a siege so I decided I should post about it.

Here's the link to the dump file.
http://www.filefront.com/17491921/Hegemony_Gold_1_5_0 pre-release 7 rev_18719 Nov07

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 12:00 am

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to put error reports. I thought I'd put it here for now so I won't need to make a new topic. Hopefully someone will see it.

Dump files and bug reports can always be sent to me at rob@longbowgames.com. Thanks for the help we'll look into it immediately.