Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold preview release 7 now available!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Hegemony Gold preview release 7 now available!
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 5, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Another Friday, another release. Get the latest version here and let us know what you think! Rob will be by later with the release notes.

Update: For newbies coming in from Steam, Hegemony Gold is our latest project which we're currently in the late stages of testing. It includes the main scenario from Philip Of Macedon plus tons of new features and gameplay changes including new scenarios, a new diplomacy system, expanded tactics and more. Currently the beta will work with your reg code from Philip so as Rick said give it a try and let us know what you think. Release notes are here. -rob

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 5, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Pre-release 7 Release Notes:

- Fixed crash bug with Independent faction in the diplomacy window
- Turned alliances off in the Philip scenario
- Cities flagged not to revolt will now generate allied units
- Fixed bugs with Sitacles' units' stats and pedia pages
- Fixed cost of "mercenary" triremes and catapults
- Being awarded truces/alliances no longer counts as breaking existing deals
- When awarded a truce/alliance the game will now keep the best terms if a pre-existing deal existed
- Pre-existing truces/alliances will now count for diplomacy objectives
- Fixed bug spawning sheep after Locrian objective
- Fixed audio bug caused by enemy ships triggering rough water warning
- Swapped single and double clicks for selecting groups and group members
- Improved asset list performance by 20-30%
- Supply lines and city dots are now visible much further out on the strategy map
- Supply lines and city dots are now highlightable and selectable on the strategy map
- Capital cities are now marked differently on the strategy map
- Added dot/dash pattern to indicate different supply line capacities on the strategy map
- Added budget breakdown to the income/expenses tooltip
- Re-implemented number overlays on the quick select bar
- Objectives now have a 2d icon on the strategy map that can be selected
- Fixed Acarnanian objective
- Spartan Slaves no longer have permadeath
- Added supply lines tab to the asset list
- Fixed bug retaining difficulty mode when starting the game.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on November 5, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Amazing work guys :) Love hearing about a new preview release :D
Hope your Steam launch went well, also :)

Level 8 Human Human
Posted on November 6, 2010 at 12:58 am

Excellent! Downloading now!

I actually came here to report a bug I found in version 6. When trying to change screen resolution, you get a little window saying 'Would you like to keep these changes?' and a countdown timer in case you decide not to answer, I guess, after which it reverts to the previous resolution. In the original game this was not a problem, but with Gold this 'little window' is huge and the 'OK' and 'Cancel' options go way off screen for me.

I didn't notice this problem addressed in the release notes for version 7, so I guessed it would be OK to post it here.

Kage

Posted on November 6, 2010 at 1:28 am

... with Gold this 'little window' is huge and the 'OK' and 'Cancel' options go way off screen for me.

Yeah, that bug is unfortunately still in there, we'll try to get that fixed for the next update.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 6, 2010 at 8:21 am

Assets Window speed improved, but still to slow..
As I see game uses only 1 core of my quad core cpu.
Its time to switch to multi core programming..
Maybe you will try to use other core for Assets Window.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 6, 2010 at 11:30 am

Excellent! Downloading now!

I actually came here to report a bug I found in version 6. When trying to change screen resolution, you get a little window saying 'Would you like to keep these changes?' and a countdown timer in case you decide not to answer, I guess, after which it reverts to the previous resolution. In the original game this was not a problem, but with Gold this 'little window' is huge and the 'OK' and 'Cancel' options go way off screen for me.

I didn't notice this problem addressed in the release notes for version 7, so I guessed it would be OK to post it here.

Kage

While that bug is still there, just so you know, you can change the resolution from the launcher options menu without any problems, just run the launcher, and you'll see the options there, and that's where it can be changed in case you didn't know.

Level 8 Human Human
Posted on November 6, 2010 at 5:10 pm

While that bug is still there, just so you know, you can change the resolution from the launcher options menu without any problems, just run the launcher, and you'll see the options there, and that's where it can be changed in case you didn't know.

Thanks - ~I did know that and have been able to change to my preferred resolution through that - I just thought that as this was actually a bug, the devs should be notified. It's my first bug report,too X) Thanks anyway.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 7, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Are you sure, that you disabled Alliances in Philip?
I'm still allowed to make alliances.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 7, 2010 at 4:14 pm

When camping popup shows same food consumption, I hope when camping less food needed

Posted on November 7, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Are you sure, that you disabled Alliances in Philip?
I'm still allowed to make alliances.

This would only be for new games started in version 7. If you're loading savegames then alliances will still be available.

When camping popup shows same food consumption, I hope when camping less food needed

In Gold camping doesn't change consumption but via foraging actually produces food. For new units the effect is virtually the same but for units with high logistics it means you can replenish your food in the field.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 7, 2010 at 6:09 pm

YES!

Posted on November 8, 2010 at 12:14 am

Assets Window speed improved, but still to slow..
As I see game uses only 1 core of my quad core cpu.
Its time to switch to multi core programming..
Maybe you will try to use other core for Assets Window.

Yeah, the majority of Philip is single threaded. When we started the game virtually no one had multicore machines and we didn't want to rely on them and put our minimum specs too high. The changes I made in 7 weren't expected to solve the problem for good but were merely some refinements to the existing algorithm. The proper solution, as with most non-trivial optimizations, is much more complicated and we're trying to schedule it in with the other work that needs to be done.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Stockpile is a food amount needed to feed garison for some-given number of week.
Where is a this week number?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 8, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Persians attacked my city Perganum, little later I see that all units killed except Generals and Catapults does not fire at all.
I will send save file.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 5:40 am

I'm a little surprised nobody mentioned that before but I have an issue with groups now. I know some people were not happy with the group/single unit selection logic so it's been changed. Now you select a single unit with a single click but I can't select groups on the large map, neither enemy nor mine. I can group select units by holding the mouse button and selecting an area on the detailed map but that too often adds sheep and carts.
I know it's a tricky one but there must be a way to select one unit or the group with one click. I think you should be able to click on enemy groups for sure.
For own units, I dont know how easy it would be to implement but my idea would be:
-if you create a group and "save it" with a shortcut then if you click on any units from that group you by default select the whole group, double click selects a single unit (pre Alpha 7)
- if the group hasn't been "saved" a single click selects a unit, double click selects all units in that group (Alpha 7)

Posted on November 9, 2010 at 11:43 am

The change to grouping selection in version 7 was a bit of an experiment based on some discussions on the forums and has some bugs including the selection of miniatures on the strategy map.

So far the impression I had been getting was favourable so my current plan was to tidy it up for version 8. This would include trying to keep it consistent so that what you highlight is what gets selected. This means that if you put the mouse over a stack of units on the strategy map it will select the entire stack (group) as it did before.

Likely we'll also add a shortcut key to select the remaining group when you have a single member selected (as an alternative to double-clicking) and I might add something to the options screen to allow players to go back to the old system for people who have gotten used to it.

Stockpile is a food amount needed to feed garison for some-given number of week.
Where is a this week number?

Admittedly it's not displayed but the four stockpile levels are 1 month, 2 months, 4 months and a year.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Admittedly it's not displayed but the four stockpile levels are 1 month, 2 months, 4 months and a year.

Its clear now, but in stockpile popup description mentioned - food/week...
Its better to make more clear description.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:21 pm

it will be nice to receive some message that sieging my city is over, because when enemy destroying market line, I sometimes forget to build them again and on next sieging my city is without food.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2010 at 4:25 pm

it will be nice to receive some message that sieging my city is over, because when enemy destroying market line, I sometimes forget to build them again and on next sieging my city is without food.

Speaking of which, was the coding ever looked into about Infantry sieges destroying sea lanes after a certain time? As I've been very busy, and haven't had the chance to play that much lately, so wondering if that has been fixed, and if some testers are noticing that too. For those who feel like testing it, just start an Archidamian Campaign, and don't make peace with the Odrysian Kingdom, eventually they'll siege your cities, and you'll see if the supply lanes at sea get destroyed after a certain period of them besieging you.

I know it happened for a fact in Alpha 6.

Pages 1 2