Skip navigation

Difficulty level

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Difficulty level
Level 8 Human
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 25, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I havn`t played the Gold Alpha yet, but I have a question. How does the Philipp-Campaign work out compared to the Vanilla game. I mean, if you play the Campaign at medium difficulty, has it become more diffult now? Or less? Or the same, but with changes in the troop management?

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 25, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I havn`t played the Gold Alpha yet, but I have a question. How does the Philipp-Campaign work out compared to the Vanilla game. I mean, if you play the Campaign at medium difficulty, has it become more diffult now? Or less? Or the same, but with changes in the troop management?

it really all depends how difficult you found the original. To me, I see no difference in the difficulty from the Original to Gold, so it's more the same I guess. In fact, it may be less difficult at times as you expand because you can take advantage of the new Gold feature of "Diplomacy" with the truce option. (Especially with the new prices changes to diplomacy in Alpha 5, as it makes diplomacy very worthwhile now.)

In terms of how the campaign works out now, I must say, the new features Gold introduces (Flanking, Charging, Pop Limits, upgraded Supply Lines, and most importantly Diplomacy) totally changes the dynamic of the original campaign to almost make a new experience in a way too. Plus, Alpha 5 (the current version) is pretty darn stable for an alpha version, so I would highly advise you to check it out, and naturally post your feedback and such on that.