Skip navigation

Versions of game, all possible options for purchase?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Versions of game, all possible options for purchase?
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 23, 2010 at 10:09 am

Hi there,

I came upon Hegemony Philip of Macedon a while back so now I decided to buy this really wonderful game. However after combing & trawling through the forums and Internet. I'm confused about where and how many options there are to obtain the game. I figure Longbow wants to drum up some business through their own site but I think it would be useful if even in the website FAQ, you listed where I can buy the game from all possible options. Its a little confusing.

so in short, where and through whom can I this amazing game? (aside from the website) I think I saw impulse mentioned as well?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 23, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Hi there,

I came upon Hegemony Philip of Macedon a while back so now I decided to buy this really wonderful game. However after combing & trawling through the forums and Internet. I'm confused about where and how many options there are to obtain the game. I figure Longbow wants to drum up some business through their own site but I think it would be useful if even in the website FAQ, you listed where I can buy the game from all possible options. Its a little confusing.

so in short, where and through whom can I this amazing game? (aside from the website) I think I saw impulse mentioned as well?

I brought my copy through Gamersgate, so you can probably buy it there as well if you like as well. I do think Impluse offers it as well, besides the personal sites here.

Overall, it all depends what you feel comfortable with. I did Gamersgate, but I have a ton of games already purchased there, and it's just convenient for me to have all my games listed there.

Welcome to Phillip, you will indeed have a lot of a fun, if you do decide to purchase it, my suggestion is going into the Alpha 5 Gold Expansion right away, as a lot of features in phillip are sort of out the window now for the Gold expansion :)

Level 9 Human Vault Technician
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 23, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Impulse has it 50% off this weekend, so if you're thinking of buying it, that's the place and now's the time!

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 23, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Impulse has it 50% off this weekend, so if you're thinking of buying it, that's the place and now's the time!

Wow totally, this game for $14.99 is a real good deal. I've already logged over 80 hours into this game, so I've defiantly gotten my money's worth on it.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 23, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions and responses you guys have been helpful.

But I don't think my question has fully been addressed. I'll surmise from what you said the only places to get the game are

longbowgames.com
impulse
gamersgate

is that all?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 23, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions and responses you guys have been helpful.

But I don't think my question has fully been addressed. I'll surmise from what you said the only places to get the game are

longbowgames.com
impulse
gamersgate

is that all?

I believe so yes, in other words if you want a box copy, I don't think there is any available.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on October 23, 2010 at 10:08 pm

You can also get Hegemony from Direct2Drive and GameWatcher. It's the same version of Hegemony anywhere you buy it and the registration code from any of those stores will work with the demo from our site. Obviously, we prefer you buy it directly from us but I can't really argue Impulse's 50% sale this weekend. If you do choose to buy it from us you will find we meet or exceed the download policies of any of the other stores.

There will be a few more options coming soon so stay tuned.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 23, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Alrightly thanks to all. While I would definitely would've buy from you (I'm a fellow Torontonian too ;) The impulse deal is hard to reject. Nonetheless, Sold! I'm getting it now so I can reap the benefits of such a great product. thanks Again!

Posted on October 24, 2010 at 3:18 am

Obviously, we prefer you buy it directly from us but I can't really argue Impulse's 50% sale this weekend.

Speaking of which - Rob, can't you guys offer some permanent or near-permanent (very, very frequent) discounts for those who'd buy Hegemony directly from you? I mean, if you sold it even just 10-15% cheaper here, that could already tilt many people to buy it here instead of on these gaming portals.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on October 24, 2010 at 2:29 pm

We would certainly like to do discounts but unfortunately there are complications about what price we can set according to some of the distribution deals we have made. However, we do try to offer the best service we can so that all things be equal people will still like to buy through us.

Posted on October 24, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Alrighty, I had a feeling there was something like that behind the scenes, but since I'm not familiar with the extent of these digital publishing restrictions I just had to ask. ;)