Skip navigation

Hegemony Objectives Question

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Objectives Question
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 19, 2010 at 10:05 pm

I'm getting to a point where I just have about 10 Hegemony Objectives left, but naturally I still notice a ton of non-hegemony objectives left for me to do, so the completionist inside me is going to want to take care of that.

The question I have is simple, does the game continue after you've completed all 29 hegemony objectives, so at least I can continue the side objectives? or does it automatically end? I'm sure I'll find out eventually, but figured it would be best to just ask.

Level 22 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:49 pm

You can continue on after the Hegemony objectives have been completed.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on October 20, 2010 at 1:19 pm

You can continue on after the Hegemony objectives have been completed.

awesome thanks, now I won't feel so bad with how I expand :)

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on November 3, 2010 at 10:53 am

Thank god, I just bought game and I'm glad I wont be hemmed in by these objectives for ever. (I play Paradox games so I like to be able to just jump in and control everything)

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on November 3, 2010 at 3:14 pm

The objectives are almost completely optional if you're interested in a more freeform game. The opening up until bardylis is more linear for tutorial purposes but after that we tried to find a balance between those who want to follow history and those who just like to conquer territory.

If you're not aware yet, you might be interested in trying the pre-release version of Hegemony Gold that's available here.. It includes a sandbox mode where you can play as any of the 26 factions with no objectives and no boundaries. It's still a little rough but there are a lot of interesting changes to the mechanics and we're interested in getting as much player feedback as possible while we've still got a chance to tweak things before release.