Skip navigation

Is here anybody???????

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Is here anybody???????
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Have you played Hegemony-Gold V2???
Have you defeated 2 Illiryan Hoplites???
Where is Rick, I need answer is it bug or not??????????

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 8, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I guess it is a bug. I came across it yesterday. Solution: spawn 2 brigades and kill them.
Open the console, it's the ' or ` key depending on your keyboard (just try all the keys if not sure), then type "addbrigade illyrianhoplitebrigade faction -Illyria" and it will spawn a brigade in the center of your current screen so make sure it's flat and close to your units. Kill then, add more brigade nad move on:)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I tried as you wrote and defeat 2 Illyrian Hoplite(one at a time), but counter is still 0/2

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 8, 2010 at 3:03 pm

OK, plan B:)
Edit the file "RetakeUpperMacedonia.xml" fromQuests/Philip folder.
Delete the line "<targettype>illyrianhoplitebrigade</targettype>", save the file and restart the game. It worked for me.
From what I can understand looking at the code the game doesnt recognise the hoplite brigades.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on October 8, 2010 at 3:06 pm

We're looking into it, we'll let you know as soon as we know an answer.

Where is Rick, I need answer is it bug or not??????????
He was in overnight so he's not in the office yet but Clarissa's checking it out now.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on October 8, 2010 at 5:46 pm

ok, i've fixed the bug - it looks like it was a side effect of the new objectives we're working on

we also found a bug getting credit for building the brigades (the phalangites and cavalry scouts) which has also been fixed now.

thanks for feedback, we'll look into getting a patch out asap

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on October 8, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Can't wait for the patch, I've started a new campaign (first one since Hegemony went 1.0) and I need my fix asap!

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 9, 2010 at 1:31 am

Delete the line "<targettype>illyrianhoplitebrigade</targettype>", save the file and restart the game. It worked for me.
From what I can understand looking at the code the game doesnt recognise the hoplite brigades.

What program should I use to edit this file? the default is IE which doesn't allow for changing, and I used notepad++ but the save fails every time.
Also, I noticed that a couple of the optional objectives don't work, such as the build a worker and train two units of scout cav.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 9, 2010 at 4:30 am

What program should I use to edit this file? the default is IE which doesn't allow for changing, and I used notepad++ but the save fails every time.
Also, I noticed that a couple of the optional objectives don't work, such as the build a worker and train two units of scout cav.

I used Total Commander. You can get shareware version for free. F4 is edit the file.
There is a note within the file saying there are some problems with optional objectives.
Or, I can just send you the modified file! PM me

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on October 9, 2010 at 12:10 pm

You can use wordpad to edit xml.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on October 9, 2010 at 2:29 pm

The best and the most simple program for editing .txt .xml .cfg .dat and a like files is the notepad.