Skip navigation

Is the LB Custom CD full of demos?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Is the LB Custom CD full of demos?
Level 9 Human Private Pilot
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 18, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Years ago when TreadMarks first came out, my dad bought it for me as a gift and sent it to me on a flash drive. I have since lost said drive, and Dad has since lost the receipt for the purchase, so I'm buying a fresh copy now ($4.99 USD is a steal compared to it's original price of $20+ [IIRC]). At Checkout, I've been prompted with a "Special Offer" for the LongBow Custom CD, which apparently cannot be purchased alone because it contains content (that's literally the reason it gave me, "You cannot purchase this item alone because it contains This and That"). Is it worth springing the extra $5 for the CD, or is it basically a demo disc?

I'm not much for Breakout clones after having played the Arkanoid DS remake and finding it wanting, so whether full versions or demos (it would have to be demos because it wouldn't make sense to sell your whole catalogue for five bucks with just the purchase of a separate five dollar game) I probably wouldn't make use of it. And I have a more secure location in mind for the TM installation package once downloaded.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 21, 2010 at 4:30 am

The custom CD is just for backup purposes. We burn them by hand for each customer and it includes a backup copy of all of their purchases. Jim usually also includes all of our demos on there, since there's lots of space.

If you have a good backup system in place, you probably don't need the CD.