Skip navigation

Rival Ball's Dead?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Rival Ball's Dead?
Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 13, 2010 at 9:41 pm

its been a long time since anyones posted anything here

as a long time DX Ball\Rival Ball And TM player i'm just curious to ask is rival ball officially dead?

so far too my knowledge RB is on its last legs but its pretty much done.

if anyone cares to post anything here i'm always available, goodbye RB i'll miss ya...

Level 10 Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm

i was under the impression that this game was indeed beyond its time...but after paying a visit online today, after what must have been an absence of about six years, i was surprised to find a lonesome player waiting for someone to join his game

a couple of quick 4-board matches in, and suddenly there's another one online...and then another one...and in less than 10 minutes, we're suddenly a bunch of six players having a good time with this rugged but charming brick-buster of a game

a course of 30-40 minutes passes, and suddenly the moment comes to an end : the players leave, one by one; called back by their daily schedules and events that require their attention elsewhere...

i find myself being the only one left in the lobby, and a sense of solitude emerges from within

i recall how we freed the Captive and broke our way through Shells and Stones

i acknowledge a moment of appreciation of what was, slightly amazed by the synchronicity that had come about so unexpectedly, creating a moment so reminiscent of the past, yet grounded in the present

i feel grateful...and i treasure the memory...

Posted on December 4, 2012 at 5:53 am

i was under the impression that this game was indeed beyond its time...but after paying a visit online today, after what must have been an absence of about six years, i was surprised to find a lonesome player waiting for someone to join his game

a couple of quick 4-board matches in, and suddenly there's another one online...and then another one...and in less than 10 minutes, we're suddenly a bunch of six players having a good time with this rugged but charming brick-buster of a game

a course of 30-40 minutes passes, and suddenly the moment comes to an end : the players leave, one by one; called back by their daily schedules and events that require their attention elsewhere...

i find myself being the only one left in the lobby, and a sense of solitude emerges from within

i recall how we freed the Captive and broke our way through Shells and Stones

i acknowledge a moment of appreciation of what was, slightly amazed by the synchronicity that had come about so unexpectedly, creating a moment so reminiscent of the past, yet grounded in the present

i feel grateful...and i treasure the memory...

its funny that i was 13 years old and RB was filled with over a hundred players

this forum used to be bustling with people talking

my question is why no newer people join us, i ponder what retarded crap makes these douche-bags that play hegemony the only game to play of all LDA games.

they don't even try, yet tons of copys are sold.

when its quite obvious that when a game is old, people throw it away and refuse to replay it, then the new gamers shun it

its a disgusting trend that i refuse to follow and has killed more than computer games

i'll never forget the good times, and i'll never abandon my favorite games as i will expand with skill and succeed the new players for they play for a trend not for fun :)

Level 11 Human Serial Humanely!
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 6, 2014 at 12:35 pm

There are no people on RB, and less in RBT! I'm sad for that.
I know how i feel.
RB and RBT and TM made me my childhood very good and rich of moments very nice.

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on October 27, 2014 at 10:54 am

its been a long time since anyones posted anything here

as a long time DX Ball\Rival Ball And TM player i'm just curious to ask is rival ball officially dead?

so far too my knowledge RB is on its last legs but its pretty much done.

if anyone cares to post anything here i'm always available, goodbye RB i'll

Level 10 Human
Posted on November 22, 2014 at 2:50 am

As long as the game is supported on newer operative systems and made available for download from its developers, it's never really dead by any means. About a week ago, I had an inspiration to make an appreciation tweet for Rival Ball on Twitter, so I wanted to include a screenshot of a one-on-one match for it. I made a quick visit online, and, sure enough, there were about 5 other players online. I reckon it's rare to find other active players nowadays; but I think it might also be a matter of timing and luck!

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on March 3, 2015 at 9:35 am

long time DX Ball\Rival Ball And TM player i'm just curious to ask is rival ball officially dead?

Posted on July 17, 2017 at 9:42 am

long time DX Ball\Rival Ball And TM player i'm just curious to ask is rival ball officially dead?

thankfully its not, neither is tread marks. its good to see new people in the forums conversing :)

Level 4 Human gamer, programmer and true slav
Alignment: Good
Location: Belgrade, Serbia. Probably squatting in front of my computer.
Posted on September 18, 2017 at 10:33 pm

honestly I'd say it's just about dead. i'd personally love to see it open-sourced or a release of an official level editor, it could breathe some new life into this 16 (i believe) year old game :)