Skip navigation

Looking for a tank game NOT like tm

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Looking for a tank game NOT like tm
Level 8 Human
Alignment: Evil
Posted on August 31, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Im looking for a tank battle game like the tanks in Deltaforce Extreme were the tanks are like real tanks were the view is from the inside and or based on more real like gaming. TM is ok but to much like a arcade id like to find something more real or sim based. Only real stile guns and looks and sounds any one have any links to info i would appreciate it TY..

Level 8 Human
Posted on September 1, 2010 at 12:37 am

i found a site http://www.worldoftanks.com/about.html
looks to b ok going to chk it out its beta will let ya know what its like
Also found cool beta flying game based on ww2 looks killer also.

Level 8 Human
Posted on September 2, 2010 at 6:33 am

Weill i tried the game out i found it to be choppy and to much lag to even move no inside view from tank and it was still not real enough to suit my fancy.
Theres an idea Longbow creat a real life tank game with all the tanks from every country from ww1 to now.
Inside view track sounds loading of the missiles and the sound of the M60s...
Deltafoece Extreme had a deal when you buy the game it comes with a mod program to allow the player to mod extra planes choppers tanks hummers truck you get the idea. Some had come up with Tanks that was allot like the tanks of today.
ANY one have info on a game with this kind of deal plz i want to chk it out??

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on September 6, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Hey, Paw let me tell you why I still play TM. It is the fairest PVP game out there. It is only skill that separate you from the newbies. Other PVP online game can vary due to folks buying enhancements, or potions, or armor, or weapons, or whatever. In TM, it is you skill with the weapon that separates you from the others because everyone has the same weapons.

The other reason I play TM is because the land deforms. You can play the same map multiple times and each map is different due to the land deformation.

Good luck on finding the game you like. I will be hanging out here in TM.

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 7, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Hey, Paw let me tell you why I still play TM. It is the fairest PVP game out there. It is only skill that separate you from the newbies. Other PVP online game can vary due to folks buying enhancements, or potions, or armor, or weapons, or whatever. In TM, it is you skill with the weapon that separates you from the others because everyone has the same weapons.

The other reason I play TM is because the land deforms. You can play the same map multiple times and each map is different due to the land deformation.

Good luck on finding the game you like. I will be hanging out here in TM.

and so will i

there isn't a much better game with this type of gameplay

good luck paw, the chance of finding many or any games under the vehicle\battle and\or racing category are wafer thin

nobody makes any vehicle battle games involving tanks in 2XXX and if someone did you wouldn't get what your asking for

look at gaming from 1980 to 2000

world of warcraft is an even better sign of what you'll see in the next 80 years.

Level 8 Human
Posted on September 8, 2010 at 11:36 am

NVM i found Deltaforce extreme again thats the one Ive been looking for and it was fun kinda on here but no missions to do and the tanks really dont act like tanks NOR is there a inside view. GL all u who still play but new job has come up and we decided to end out internet provider and just use free connections in town when were out and about.. The truth im over the net chit time for new hobby have a good one this will b last post for a while and TY for input.

Peace Paw

Level 13 Human Sarcasm Champion
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 11, 2010 at 6:40 pm

U could always join the reserves and drive a real one like i did - love the smell of cordite in the morning. TM must be good. It's the only game i've played religiously since i bought a second hand copy 6 yrs ago.

Level 8 Human
Posted on September 11, 2010 at 11:00 pm

lol i cant join im handycap they dont allow cripples in

Level 13 Human Sarcasm Champion
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 12, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Buy your own - swap it for the family runabout lol. I tried various console games but they tend to be either more strategy related or sliggish and limited game play.There are a few titles kicking about on ebay i'm tempted to try but i'm sure they won't match TM.

Level 8 Human Private Pilot
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 18, 2010 at 6:04 pm

U could always join the reserves and drive a real one like i did - love the smell of cordite in the morning. TM must be good. It's the only game i've played religiously since i bought a second hand copy 6 yrs ago.

It always baffled me as to why they let Reservists anywhere near the heavy machinery (aside from fuel trucks and the like), lol. At least you've got something to brag about to those weekend warriors in the Guard.

If you like Tron, and are old enough to remember the pseudo-VR game "BattleZone", you might take a crack at "Tank Universal". It's surprisingly good for a Meridian4 game.

Level 11 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 27, 2010 at 8:47 pm

If you like Tron, and are old enough to remember the pseudo-VR game "BattleZone", you might take a crack at "Tank Universal". It's surprisingly good for a Meridian4 game.
Considering the weird limits on the demo for Tank Universal (it has no save feature, and the demo level, once you've worked through the tutorial and related "levels" for the n'th time, ends at a key point) I find it amazing anyone ever buys the game. Although I'll admit to being tempted, primarily to actually finish said level. I get to blow the thing that powers the enemy's force-screens, but then "Thank you for playing the demo..." comes up.

Rather off-putting, given the better decisions made by much better-known companies, which gave you up to 27 levels of the game (in some cases) to play with in the freeware version.