Skip navigation

Lost Games

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Lost Games
Pages 1 2 3
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 5, 2005 at 10:44 pm

I know I kinda went against your ideas currently, and I still think it's still a game only, however, I don't like the fact that the ranking stuff is screwed up... again...

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral

As far as I remember, my last games were played on Wednesday, but the stats I earned is set back to the numbers I had before I played that night. Strange enaugh, my rank is not the same...

Level 14 Human gamer

I do agree, but I really work so hard at this :lol:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 5, 2005 at 10:45 pm

Don't we all...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 8:29 pm

AGAIN--SHEEESH--what the heck is going on???
Finished last night at rank #13 with 6264 points---whatever that is in wins and losses--cant rememeber--figured I didnt need to keep ALL the stats..
Book in tonight at rank # 14 with 6193 points---however, the losses seem to be the same--what's THAT all about???
Gonna start looking for a new past-time soon--like poker or something--with better odds of breaking even at the end of the night---

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 8:32 pm

Ditto, even I have experienced it too... and I've already found a different pastime... RBT... RB seems to be overwhelmed by the number of people registered in the game, and I lost my rank from 259 to 268... it reverted back by 1.5 days. I too am getting a bit annoyed as well.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 8:35 pm

Did somebody say poker!!!
love that game! www.partypoker.com

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 8:45 pm

Been there--- done that--and going to do it more often...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 8:54 pm

Ok, I'll go play poker on my Ti 89 Titanium Calculator... lol... :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 8:56 pm

Whatever THAT"S supposed to mean...have fun doing it, though---as in--don;t hurt yo self!!

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 9:00 pm

Brother---
Not again...thought this had been taken care of...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 9:54 pm

Hang in everyone, I have been in constant contact with Rob. He does acknowledge that there is a major problem with disappearing Ranks, & Wins on RB. But just to let you all know, I am now taking digital photo's every night of my closing scores till this problem is straightened out lol... :wink:

This is was his response:

-------Original Message-------

Date: 08/17/05 03:23:19
To: Sunny
Subject: RE: Still disappearing!

I believe I know what's happening but I'm not sure at present why. The game appears to be having trouble saving the lobby file that contains the player information. This means if the server is restarted (as is periodically necessary) then everything that happened since the last save is lost.

We're planning on looking into some RB and RBT updates after we get past our current deadline at the end of the month but before that I can't promise anything. Sorry.

cheers,
rob

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 9:58 pm

So--now I gotta get a camera???
LOLOL...
Sigh....:)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 10:01 pm

Looks that way lol :wink:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 10:05 pm

I'll just put a paper on the screen and colour it in over top---kind of a tracing--don't know if it'ss come out though--not much with crayons!!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2005 at 10:47 pm

:lol: Whatever works!

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 18, 2005 at 6:06 am

you people are SO old-fashioned...ever heard of the magic button print screen? It's located there--on the keyboard *points at button to the right for F12* Press it--and you'll have a screenshot capured on the clipboard. Now, open MS Pain(t) or any other painting application, and choose the paste command from the edit menu or press Ctrl+V.

Then you SAVE that picture--simple proof ;)))))

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 18, 2005 at 10:44 am

I like the camera better... :mrgreen: (Only that I don't have a camera)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 18, 2005 at 3:01 pm

Thanks for the advise Sprit. However, your way may be up to date and certainly much more sophisticated, and my way may be old fashioned, But at least I feel I am doubly protected in knowing it's not only on my computer as a photo, it's also on my digital chip just incase the computer has a problem and crashes. Which we all know can happen...
Sometimes the old fashioned way is better. :wink:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 18, 2005 at 4:39 pm

No... I wasn't talking about a digital camera, I was talking about them cameras that use film... :mrgreen:

Pages 1 2 3