Skip navigation

Hegemony 1.1.2 - sound problem

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Hegemony 1.1.2 - sound problem
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 29, 2010 at 2:52 pm

After official 1.1.2 patch I have problem with in game sound: Playing for couple hours in a row with all 3 options for auto-pause game automatically (no food, attacked unit and visible enemy) and then sound starts that lookalike warning sound but in continues loop and text is shown on the screen (and can’t be removed) that unit is attacked and to press C to show it and no unit is under attack and pressing C do nothing. Only way to stop it is to remove option to auto-pause all and to allow game to continue forward or to exit completely and then reload. I haven’t noticed this prior to patching game to official 1.1.2 patch and I played it for more than 70 hours before (according to save game text) that patch with no problem and loving it. My comp is: Win7 x64 on Intel 920, 6 GB ram, 2xAti 4890, audio Realtec ALC890 onboard. I can take screenshot or movie when it happens if that can help.

Level 8 Human Contractor
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 30, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I have the same issue but I don't have the pause option enabled. I'm not sure what the actual trigger is but once it starts the only way to stop it is by restarting the game.

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on August 31, 2010 at 11:48 am

Do either of you guys have a savegame where this is happening? If so please send it to rob@longbowgames.com and I'll take a look.

As you pointed out, it probably has something to do with was of the warnings getting repeated too frequently. Do you know what's in the drop down lists when this happens e.g. is something of your under siege, being attacked, in rough water, etc?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 31, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Do either of you guys have a savegame where this is happening? If so please send it to rob@longbowgames.com and I'll take a look.

I have saved games but you will have to play few hours before same thing happen. I am sending 2 of them compressed in rar file.

As you pointed out, it probably has something to do with was of the warnings getting repeated too frequently. Do you know what's in the drop down lists when this happens e.g. is something of your under siege, being attacked, in rough water, etc?

Drop down list is empty only visible enemy units drop down have something and food also as far as I can remember.
Thank you for your help.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 2, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I am digging this old bug report because I am having something very similar, except restarting the game does not remove or prevent the Looping Alarm Sound Bug!

I have experienced the Looping Alarm Sound Bug twice now and have tried many different things to remove the Looping Alarm Sound Bug without success. I can't identify what causes the Looping Alarm Sound Bug either.

The way I've been able to successfully get rid of the Looping Alarm Sound Bug the second time the Looping Alarm Sound Bug happened to me was by letting the game play unpaused for maybe 15 to 20 secs and the Looping Alarm Sound Bug finally magically went away.

The first time the Looping Alarm Sound Bug happened to me I had to reload an earlier save destroying about 15 mins of play time and I did not encounter the Looping Alarm Sound Bug that time.

Hoping the Looping Alarm Sound Bug is fixed in Gold because the Looping Alarm Sound Bug has been around for a long time and the Looping Alarm Sound Bug is rather aggravating when the Looping Alarm Sound Bug happens.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 9, 2011 at 12:08 pm

It happened several times to me.
I identified the cause of the most recent one: the sound loop was due to ships at sea being constantly "attacked" by the Winter Storms; please note that the loop terminated only when two Athenian ships within sight were eventually destroyed as well.