Skip navigation

Mod Idea : if interested or possible please make :)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Mod Idea : if interested or possible please make :)
Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on August 24, 2010 at 11:35 pm

there was this one mod that i was thinking of and that was controlling a nuke and or cruise your tank goes obselete and a shield goes up for it and you control how fast the nuke goes and where it goes

P.S. I REALLY hope u guys can make it and u control it with arrow keys

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 25, 2010 at 8:49 pm

there was this one mod that i was thinking of and that was controlling a nuke and or cruise your tank goes obselete and a shield goes up for it and you control how fast the nuke goes and where it goes

P.S. I REALLY hope u guys can make it and u control it with arrow keys

that looks impossible too me

its impossible for a human player to control a nuke

why? because lda never gave the modder power over any Ai functionality, and you would need to modify the human controls (which involves such functionality) to make a human controllable kind of mod.

to be able control a nuke, lda would have to modify tread marks and add additional entities commands or vice versa and any other way they still would have to change the games game functions

however the shield idea is quite possible

which comes to the conclusion you'll have to think of a different not yet invented guiding idea.

P.S if you don't mind i want to include that with a future mod pack i will release , i'll give you credit for the idea.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 26, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Star Striker is right - the requirements for the mod you speak of require changes to the core game code, which we don't have access to at present. It would require 3 core changes:

1. Ability to access movement controls from within weapon configs.
2. Support for proper shields. Currently the only type of shield support is a hard explo effect, which doesn't play too well as an actual shield due to area affect damage still effecting and internal "bounce" movement of tank due to bad internal collisions (mainly due to this not being a planned effect), which often ejects the tank from the shield.
3. Support for seeing out of a remote location (i.e. the "view" of the missile).

Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on August 27, 2010 at 1:28 am

i thought it was a long shot but at least i tried thanks anyway

Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on September 12, 2010 at 11:10 pm

ultimatepwnge3000, that sounds like the missile in ArcticFox. (It's an old Electronic Arts game where you were driving a tank around Antarctica, fighting off an alien invasion force that was trying to alter Earth to make it alien-friendly).

Two games I wish EA would either release fully to open-source or rework for modern hardware: ArcticFox and LHX Attack Chopper. So far, neither has happened, and the games are stuck in DOS abandonware limbo (since EA has forbidden them to be LEGALLY distributed, but is also refusing to redevelop/adapt them for Windows).

Like StarStriker said, it's quite impossible for you to do that in the current Tread Marks, though. Which is a bit of a pity.