Skip navigation

Disappearing ranks

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Disappearing ranks
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 15, 2005 at 2:47 pm

I wanted to let everyone know that I have just contacted Rob in regards to a new problem on RB...

Hi Rob,

Sorry to bother you once again, but we have a major problem on RB ...This time it has to do with ranks. As of last night 7/14, I was 128 in rank...When I just went into RB (7/15), it is showing an older rank of 165. I'm sure this is happening to other players as well. Could you please be so kind as to look into this new problem for us and advise me as to why this is occurring. Insofar as the DC's are concerned, It's still happening, but just not as much. Thanks again for your help and cooperation in this matter.

Regards,
Sunny

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on July 15, 2005 at 5:20 pm

Sorry for the trouble. The server was rebooted last night but that shouldn't have affected rankings. As far as I can tell from the logs you have the same number of wins/losses as yesterday. Is that correct? Is it only your ranking that has changed? I've got a backup of the lobby file from last night before the reboot so when I've got a sec I'll try to see what's changed.

rob

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 15, 2005 at 8:12 pm

That should make a whole bunch of people happy, I'm sure---quite the lot of discussion over "disappearing" rank...not that I noticed any drop in mine, or (m)any others either--not that I keep THAT close an eye on it in the first place...

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 15, 2005 at 8:47 pm

That's odd. :?:
Very odd.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 15, 2005 at 10:39 pm

Thanks Rob for the quick response. In answer to your question about the change of wins and losses, Yes, that nimber has changed also. :(

Sunny

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 16, 2005 at 12:44 am

"That's odd. Question
Very odd."

I guess two odds make an even??