Skip navigation

Getting rid of factions permanently?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Getting rid of factions permanently?
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Guess I am not alone in finding especially the Illyrians and their raids very annoying...

Are the factions weakened when I take prisoners as slaves or execute them, and when conquering cities, etc.?

Is it necessary (and even possible) to completely annihilate a faction in order for the attacks to end?

Great game, by the way! I have played it for some time now, and really like the feel of it: interesting time period, very nice map and UI, exciting feel to it, involving strategy and to some extent role playing (through units' XPs).

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Yes, raids are annoying and yes you can exterminate factions by conquering all of their cities, and only like this, individual cities will be weakened by executing and/or enslaving units and the factions will be weakened by losing cities and therefore money/supply income...

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 1:43 am

I usually focus on destroying one faction at a time. The AI will basically attack you for two reasons: either they're randomly raiding you, or they're trying to take back one of their cities. If a faction is really bothering me, I'll either make a concerted effort to destroy all their cities, or I'll let them have their cities back, so they don't bother me as much.