Skip navigation

Scenarios?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Scenarios?
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Is there any plan to introduce scenarios so that the whole campaign can be divided up into say four or five separate games? Would increase replayability a lot.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I think what would be interesting would be to be able to play with the other factions (all of them) as well, even if it's not historically accurate, but I do realize the fact that that would take an enormous amount of time to create...

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 1:40 am

What would you think about an expansion pack that adds more scenarios?

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 2:17 pm

an expansion pack with scenarios playing Philip would be very nice! A mix of scenarios with some being very short, some of medium length, and a few actually being even campaign like. And with new objectives or ones taken from the campaign.

Another approach could be use the original campaign but to be able to start at different points in time (a la Europa Universalis) when Philip's situation at the outset is in line with actual history (certain objectives fulfilled, units available, etc.) and the player takes off from there and plays through (the remainder of) the campaign, or until certain additional objectives have been fulfilled.

I believe the game would actually be suitable to play an extremely short scenario in the form of a single battle, like Charoneia, Ipsus, Issus, etc.

Anyway, I am sure the development of an expansion is in your safe hands and am looking forward to it. Will definitively buy it.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm

If there could be an expansion with scenarios or even more factions I would gladly welcome it if it also added possibly more units?

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on September 20, 2010 at 5:10 am

What would you think about an expansion pack that adds more scenarios?

That would be brilliant! Even though i haven't finished my game yet (about half way there), i dread the moment when i have nothing left to conquer.

1. I also think you guys should work a bit on the Dalmatian/Autariatian/Skodra regions and making them a bit more structured since they only have few cities but a lot of forested regions and mines which is almost impossible for all to be attached to a fort/city. It feels kinda pointless to even venture in the most western parts of the map.

There is sufficient historical and archaeological data which would provide info about that region in order to make the aforementioned regions feel more appealing.

2. Would really like an expansion pack which will offer you an option to conquer the whole Persian Empire or even the Italian Peninsula with the preposition if Philip wasn't assasinated in Aegae and remained on the head of Macedonia, since it seems that almost all the territory which he set foot on is included in the game as it is.

Or, if this option of including more territory isn't on the cards, more scenarios will be just fine!

Thanks for a great game.

Level 9 Human Vault Technician
Posted on September 20, 2010 at 10:12 am

Just thought I'd pop in to say any addition, expansion or sequel to Hegemony will be bought by me on the spot. Keep it up, guys!

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on September 21, 2010 at 4:31 am

You guys should check out our new news :)

Edit: Oops, bad tag.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on September 21, 2010 at 9:34 am

your what? please tell us! :o)

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Think he meant to post a link to the news topic on Hegemony: Gold which will have two new scenarios.