Skip navigation

Random Crashes

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Random Crashes
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Sometimes when i take a large city or have alot of units on screen the game crashes and returns to the desktop.

has anyone else had this problem?

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 6:09 pm

What version of the game are you running (it is listed in the top-left corner of the title screen)? The few times we've heard of random crashes without an error message it tends to be hardware related. If you've got a savegame where it happens you can e-mail it to rob@longbowgames.com and I'll take a look.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 21, 2010 at 7:14 am

Thanks for the help but im gonna see how it goes and if the problem persists.

Another thing iv noticed is that if i send a large group of say 6 or 7 infantry divisions to a city they get almost to the city then stop and wander aimlessly whilst trying to find a formation to approach the city which eats up time if im trying to send reinforcements. it would be better if they just went in when they were near instead of trying to form an order

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on July 21, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I was working on some more adaptive group placement code but it didn't make it into the final release. We are looking at ways to make moving large groups less awkward and more automated.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 21, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Will this new code make it into the next patch do you think?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Why are spearmen so strong? it seems that they can throw spears or javalins and destroy entire units on there own?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 27, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Over 15 hours into the game, so far not a single crash, by the way I'm playing the 1.1.2 beta version.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Guess I spoke too soon, got my first crash last night just when I was about to capture the city next to Pella across the bridge, 6 hours of game time wasted because I forgot to save it :(

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 29, 2010 at 9:33 am

Hello, I'd just like to pop in and say this is a great game and so far the only crash I have is a persistent one where if I try to move my grouped units from several cities at once the game crashes. I don't remember the exact message, but it's something about # of entrances exceeds limit of a certain city. If it happens again I'll copy/paste it. Oh and I'm running version 1.7

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on July 30, 2010 at 3:55 am

Huh? The latest version is 1.1.2 beta 1; there has never been a version 1.7.

If this ever happens to you again, see if you can make a saved game that makes it easy to reproduce. That's the most useful thing you can give us.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 30, 2010 at 9:00 am

Oh sorry, I was really tired yesterday and misread the numbers. the version I have is the one before 1.2. And it hasn't happened again yet because I'm being careful moving my forces around.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 12, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Im having random crashes too. So far two times generally when fighting for the area to the right of your starting city.

I really like the game. Its a bummer losing hours of play and not wanting to start over. Im using the beta patch. Is the orginally game more stable? Ill take stable over play balance fixes.

Not sure how motivated I am to get a repeatable crashing save.
Wakrob

Vista 64bit
Nvidia lastest drivers - Your beta 2 patch
(update-There was a newer video driver, Ive played a couple more hours and no crash, Im hitting quicksave alot so if I get in a crashy spot hopefully I can send it to you)

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on August 13, 2010 at 5:04 am

Updating your graphics drivers is always a good idea; I'm glad to hear that the game is stable for you now.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 13, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Yeah, played about 6 more hours total, no crash!