Skip navigation

Demo and Full Version

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Demo and Full Version
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 11:33 am

I have played over the Demo. After Retake Upper Macedonia.
It's a wonderful game.
I want to buy the full version and continue my war.

But I have some questions. If I buy the full version, must I start a new game? Can I load the save file from completed Retake Upper Macedonia quest? I don't want to replay...

How can I change the difficulty from normal to expert in game.Or must I start a new game?

My demo version is v1.1.0, can I load the save file in the latest version? Or must I start a new game?

Please answer my questions before I bought the full version.God bless me, I really don't want to replay.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 11:39 am

I am not entirely sure, so I could be wrong, but I think the whole difference between the demo and the full game is when you buy it from either this site or the impulse is that they give you a registration code and you input it into the launcher, where it says "register" and then from demo you "jump" to full version so your save games should allow you to continue further, but again I am not sure... but even if you have to start over again, it's not to late in to the game to be a real hustle is it?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 11:58 am

Maybe you are right, so I will buy it in this site.
It's much safer :)!
But I am still concerned about the answers of my questions.I'd like to replay it one time or more, but I can't bear it a lot.
Once there is a serious bug, or a new version; there will be one more time.I know I am a little overstated. :)
You know there ara many complains about the bugs in some sites.So if there is no answer or no guarantee for my questions,I think I prefer waiting until a steady enouph version.
The game is very intresting, but time is also very valuable.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 12:50 pm

It has some bugs, one major has been solved with the 1.1.2 beta 1 (I know because I had it and the game crashed prior to the update) so far the creators have answered if not all most of my questions concerning general issues and all of the bug related ones, I am my self near to conquering all of the map and have only encountered this major bug that again has been solved, and it was on the upper right corner near what is in the map "Scythia", and a Athenian city called "Odessus", but all in all i think that you will not be disappointed with purchasing this game...

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 2:37 pm

As Fatarion said, when you purchase the game you'll receive a serial code that you can enter into the demo and unlock the full game. Once the game is registered you'll be able to continue your savegame exactly where you left off.

The difficulty mode can be changed in the options screen at any time by going to the main menu, clicking 'Options' then clicking 'GamePlay' at the top and clicking the left/right arrows to adjust the difficutly. It might take a little while to notice the difficulty change as this won't alter AI attacks that are already underway.

Hegemony is officially at version 1.1.1 right now but as Fatarion said you can currently download a beta of 1.1.2 which has a few bug fixes and gui updates. All of the patches we've released work with old savegames.

Hope that answers your questions.

Level 8 Human pro
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 3:04 am

Thanks Rob,

how do we get the patch, if one is comin ? ( You mentioed 1.2 )
I can´t see a auto patch with the game.

kind regards.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 8:33 pm

you can download the patch from either the download centre or the betas from the links inside the news link...

Level 8 Human pro
Posted on July 27, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Thanks a lot.
got the beta 1.2.
But I think I have to get rid of the old game 1.0 to get the 1.2 installed, as this seems to be no patch, but a full version.

Will there always be a full versions and are the savegames compatible?

Thanks for answering that.

P.S I hate the Illyrian´s, always raiding me, when I start an offensiv on the other edge of the map.

Level 8 Human pro
Posted on July 27, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Thanks a lot.
got the beta 1.2.
But I think I have to get rid of the old game 1.0 to get the 1.2 installed, as this seems to be no patch, but a full version.
Sorry, forget about that I just install again in same folder.

Will there always be a full versions and are the savegames compatible?

Thanks for answering that.

P.S I hate the Illyrian´s, always raiding me, when I start an offensiv on the other edge of the map.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 27, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I couldn't stand the Illyrian's constant raiding so I launched a long campaign to wipe them out once and for all. The Northern front seems rather peaceful all this time. Now I'm focusing on the Southern front to complete the Sacred war objectives.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 1:38 am

Since the game is relatively small, we don't bother with the complication of patches. Just download the latest version and install it over top of your original install. Your saved games will work fine.

If you really want to, you can uninstall first. The uninstaller doesn't remove your saved games, so no worries there. Uninstalling is unnecessary, though.