Skip navigation

Tread Marks links

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Tread Marks links
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 19, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Hey guys,

Star Striker has mentioned that several of the links on the Tread Marks links page are broken or useless. It look like only two of the links are still valid. So I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for links that should be on that page. Are there any sites that you've often forwarded to players that should be on that list, but aren't?

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 5:38 am

Hey guys,

Star Striker has mentioned that several of the links on the Tread Marks links page are broken or useless. It look like only two of the links are still valid. So I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for links that should be on that page. Are there any sites that you've often forwarded to players that should be on that list, but aren't?

well i have a good few to share, i bet chaos and the rest well have some ideas we all have our busy lives

i have a good few recommendations

theres not many i know that are still active or very useful

i can't find killers site (he was still working on it a while back*
'

-----------
heres my list

random chaos site (maybe the most active)

http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/
---------------------

Overall a great youtube channel for the most up to date clan matches to be seen

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreadmarksGA666

---------------------

My youtube channel (for my updated mods and soon to be recorded clan or other type gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/user/DuKENZiREX
----------------------------------------

4?

thats all i could find for now

i'm sure killer or chaos will have plenty of good links to share

*maybe more as i update*

Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 11:17 am

and this if u want

http://www.fileplanet.com/202264/200000/fileinfo/Tread-Marks---TreadMix-Mod

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Here's my site, currently it just redirects into the downloads folder:

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/

Posted on July 21, 2010 at 3:16 am

and this if u want

http://www.fileplanet.com/202264/200000/fileinfo/Tread-Marks---TreadMix-Mod

Oh god, are you the guy responsible for TreadMix? I've been chasing FilePlanet down for months to get them to take your files down.

Would you please stop distributing your mods with a full copy of Tread Marks?

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 1:24 am

well, i'm not that organized, and i have ignored the site for a good 6 years,
but feel free to link to it if you find value in it...
http://www.tbhccs.com/treadmarks/tm-downloads-index.html

toodles,
harmless
:)

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

i would NEVER make that website NO i would take the real copy of treadmarks + im not that far into modding to mod the whole thing

Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm

i would NEVER make that website NO i would take the real copy of treadmarks + im not that far into modding to mod the whole thing
The problem with Treadmix is that it is an incorrectly-coded total-conversion mod. Instead of the mods being in Addons, as is correct, everything's in the stock folders. (and good luck climbing out of a hole unless you're using two specific tanks.)

It's pretty apparent whoever did that "mod" didn't care about following the rules... or common decency. I applaud the folks at Longbow Games for not using copy protection or other forms of Digital Restrictions Management, but this sort of silliness is a key reason a lot of companies use both.

Rick, would I be blasted if I rebuilt Treadmix into what it should be (i.e.: Something similar to STORM Racer)? If FilePlanet keeps this up, they'll get sued, straight up, and that's no lie.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on July 23, 2010 at 9:31 pm

eh i know those two tanks (M1-Turbo and Dwarf) but the controls SUCK on there

P.S. i felt like messing with treadmix and then i unzipped the main files and the storm racer mod was actually in there

Posted on July 28, 2010 at 2:35 am

Thanks guys, I've updated the links.

@ultimatepwnge3000: Sorry for the misunderstanding. I hope I didn't sound too bent out of shape.

@Star Striker: Looks like you only have one video so far. When you have more videos (preferably in their own playlist) or a page with more information about your mod, let me know and I'll add it to the list.

@rdanner3: You would have no arguments from me, but technically you would be violating the copyrights of whoever is responsible for TreadMix. The first time I asked FilePlanet to take it down, I suggested that the author be encouraged to repost without the copyright violations, but it looks like he just ended up reposting the same thing.

Level 9 Human
Alignment: Evil
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 8:58 am

ive tried all the tanks and i dont c a difference in the way they all move take off turn on my system its ALL glitchy and this is on single player it worce on multiplayer but that because my DSL sucks but as for the graphics and the way ALL the tanks react I dont no what script is loaded on yr all PCs but the CD i bought they all act the same slow and glitchy but hey for a cheep game and its no COD or WOW LOL...but i have fun

Posted on July 29, 2010 at 5:30 am

ive tried all the tanks and i dont c a difference in the way they all move take off turn on my system its ALL glitchy and this is on single player it worce on multiplayer but that because my DSL sucks but as for the graphics and the way ALL the tanks react I dont no what script is loaded on yr all PCs but the CD i bought they all act the same slow and glitchy but hey for a cheep game and its no COD or WOW LOL...but i have fun

its obvious your pc is also crappy like your dsl

not many of us have such issues

as we all have good internet and pc's
-------

Thanks guys, I've updated the links.

@Star Striker: Looks like you only have one video so far. When you have more videos (preferably in their own playlist) or a page with more information about your mod, let me know and I'll add it to the list.

i know that

i just noted that for future reference as its an ongoing project that due to my personal life kept me from its expected progress

i'll let you know when most of my work is finished and updated (if i ever if i get any time remotely back that i lost)

@rdanner3: You would have no arguments from me, but technically you would be violating the copyrights of whoever is responsible for TreadMix. The first time I asked FilePlanet to take it down, I suggested that the author be encouraged to repost without the copyright violations, but it looks like he just ended up reposting the same thing.

plus the people who are responsible for the extra mods he stole and added to treadmix without any permission

treadmix should be wiped off file planet by now its been there longer than most have noticed

(remember rick: that not everything he posted belongs to lda as they added mods from very notable users without their permission!)

Level 9 Human
Alignment: Evil
Posted on July 30, 2010 at 1:37 am

Nope my laptop was built just for gaming ALL my highend games like my Rainbowsix Vegas and Vegas2 run great my Medal of honor runs perfect WOW stronghold AOE Ghost Recon and GRAW all play great and i run all graphics on high i was tired of not being able to play most game due the what they wanted so i spent the $$$ for a PC that would play them game. TM is the only game that glitches on my PC..The DSL i live to far out in the country and THEY will not due to lack of customers in my area wanting internet there farmers there lucky to use cell PHs out here LOL... but as for my PC being crappy i think not

Posted on July 30, 2010 at 2:53 am

Nope my laptop was built just for gaming ALL my highend games like my Rainbowsix Vegas and Vegas2 run great my Medal of honor runs perfect WOW stronghold AOE Ghost Recon and GRAW all play great and i run all graphics on high i was tired of not being able to play most game due the what they wanted so i spent the $$$ for a PC that would play them game. TM is the only game that glitches on my PC..The DSL i live to far out in the country and THEY will not due to lack of customers in my area wanting internet there farmers there lucky to use cell PHs out here LOL... but as for my PC being crappy i think not

well something is wrong with your pc as nobody besides you has any such problems.

Posted on July 30, 2010 at 3:49 am

Well, last time I checked, all the TreadMix files are down except for the 4.1 update, which I didn't ask to be removed, because it didn't appear to be redistributing Tread Marks.

If anybody here has seen their mod included in TreadMix and wants it taken down, write FPOps@IGN.com and tell them that your mod is being redistributed without your permission.

Posted on July 30, 2010 at 4:48 am

Well, last time I checked, all the TreadMix files are down except for the 4.1 update, which I didn't ask to be removed, because it didn't appear to be redistributing Tread Marks.

If anybody here has seen their mod included in TreadMix and wants it taken down, write FPOps@IGN.com and tell them that your mod is being redistributed without your permission.

i'll be sure too if anyone steals mine

sadly they stole mods from vlad and possible others

since they are no longer active there's know way of them knowing.

----------------------------

i'll keep my eye on that ignorant punk.

IF HE DARES STEAL MY STUFF HE'S IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE ;(

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on July 30, 2010 at 5:08 pm

dont forget the stormracer mod ;)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on August 2, 2010 at 10:06 pm

i'll be sure too if anyone steals mine

sadly they stole mods from vlad and possible others

since they are no longer active there's know way of them knowing.

----------------------------

i'll keep my eye on that ignorant punk.

IF HE DARES STEAL MY STUFF HE'S IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE ;(

I've got Vlad on AIM. I'll see if I can get a message to him next time he's online.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2010 at 11:17 am

does coaxs have a website

Posted on August 4, 2010 at 8:35 pm

does coaxs have a website

he does and it was removed along with the other broken links.

--------------

Pages 1 2