Skip navigation

LDA Main Server should have no teams

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > LDA Main Server should have no teams
Pages 1 2
Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 12:22 am

Please.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 3:31 am

Pretty please.

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 10:55 am

Did KV find the new forums yet? :)

Logscan is up and running so Pabs or kv can go and set up the LDA DDM server as it suppose to be.

We'll need to get the rest of the servers configured soon.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 11:49 am

Erm.. Why no teams? Teams can be a lot of fun with a good amount of people playing. I always remember the team battles as the most fun.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 11:50 am

Erm.. Why no teams? Teams can be a lot of fun with a good amount of people playing. I always remember the team battles as the most fun.

Because all the players land on the same team. :P

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 12:56 pm

Did KV find the new forums yet? :)

Logscan is up and running so Pabs or kv can go and set up the LDA DDM server as it suppose to be.

We'll need to get the rest of the servers configured soon.

um.. it would be helpful if I was actually informed of this fact.

is the ftp setup too? so that I can log in and at least confirm that the correct config files are in place?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 1:11 pm

We've already fixed it, but yeah, we have Logscan and FTP up and running.

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 1:13 pm

um.. it would be helpful if I was actually informed of this fact.

You just were. ;)

is the ftp setup too? so that I can log in and at least confirm that the correct config files are in place?

FTP seems to be okay now. You'll need to bug Jim for a login account though. All the main config files are there (I spent sometime checking them over and sorting out setup issues with Jim), however there are a few files missing/corrupted in the 85 weapons and TeamCTF servers so reuploading them should be a good idea. I'll handle uploading teamctf at some point (not a biggie as no one plays on that one lately except for me), but you'll need to upload the 85 weapons server pack as I don't have the latest and greatest for that one. Incedentally, the dedicated cfg is editable from logscan so you don't need ftp access just for that.

If you need specifics on how to edit it from logscan, let me know.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 6:40 pm

Woohoo! I'm hoping this means it's modified and playafied!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 7:14 pm

It might be if I knew what everone was talking about.

There is only one LDA server up, named "LDA", with no teams running. So if y'all can tell me whatcha talkin' about, i'll see if'fen I can get 'er fixed all real nice like.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 7:48 pm

Erm... You can still have fun in TM even if everyone is on the same team. And to be quite honest... you can change teams. Or was that not enabled, then?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 3:07 am

He's right. Let's all be on the same team. In fact, let's have the AI's on our team too. Who are we to be prejudicial towards electronic ethnicity? All this score keeping and "us versus them mentality" is childish. Let's shoot holes in the dirt as one big happy team. Then afterwards we can fill our holes with summer blossoms. With all this fertilizer so readily available, our flowers will grow like beanstalks. :lol:

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 3:10 am

Erm... You can still have fun in TM even if everyone is on the same team. And to be quite honest... you can change teams. Or was that not enabled, then?

Team damage was turned off, so it would be less fun then normal. Also, if you changed teams a corresponding AI would not be created or removed from the 2 teams. So one was left with very uneven teams if you did change.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 10:57 am

mmhh... I replied twice yesterday and can't seem to find them... maybe I hit preview.. :lol: if it is just a conspiracy, let me know... (you may save some time :P )
(quoting my own messages):
1. I'm glad LDA is up and has no teams
2. CTF was a nice change for "normal" playing... maybe racing and CTF could be alternated every hour :idea:
3. Unpublished tanks: don't care who uses them or not.. they all go down :twisted:
4. I'll wait for Kv to post weekly events before planning any daily events...
5. Have a nice existence

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 12:43 pm

that would be most intresting pab....

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 6:35 pm

Oooooh! Ok. Sorry. Thought you could still change teams and just wait for the match to end for the teams to be re-evened. That's what I always did. Till then, it was fun to play one person versus everyone else and other madly one sided matches.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 12:39 am

well if not teams then you need to remove the ctf map ...thx

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 1:09 am

uh yeah I kind of agree with 666

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 18, 2005 at 12:57 am

Well just to make sure I am playing on the right server, please have a take a look at this phenomena-

I just played on the "LDA community server", 4ai/12 total. There were four teams on it. I was very quickly destroyed by "pyrotechnic grenades." don't remember that whep.

Is this the right server? (I hope not) I didn't see any other likely suspects on the list of available. -J

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 18, 2005 at 1:26 am

I believe you were in another server. :lol:
I have not seen LDA for about 3 days. :shock:

It's nice to see you here though! Yugo :)

Pages 1 2