Skip navigation

HUGE BUG!!!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > HUGE BUG!!!
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 5, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I have almost conquered most of the map and am now trying amongst others to conquer the cities "Tropeum" and "Roxolani" I sent some units up there (loads of them) but some way before they reached Tropeum they stuck and wouldn't go any further like there was a barrier or something, I tried sending them to Roxolani and there was the same problem, so I sent them back to one of my cities, but about 5-7 of them have stuck there and won't go anywhere... I ignored them and continued with conquering other cities in other places of the map (Corinth, islands of the Cyclades, etc) until a few hours later the game froze and through me out, now every time I un-pause the game it throughs me out with an error message:
"An error occured while running Hegemony: Phillip of Macedon
Error caching units for Brigade (103418, tribalspeaermanbrigade). Error setting unit region .ID 107328, tribalspearmanbrigade, (1314.42.415.05)
and then asks me if I want to dump the file.

I uploaded the dump file: http://rapidshare.com/files/405193727/Hegemony_1_1_1_rev_17777_Jul06.dmp
it's only about 7MBs...

I don't know if anyone has the same problem, I have a legal copy purchased online from the longbow games web site and registered.

I would like a fix/patch/anything similar because I like the game and I'm close to conquering the whole map and cannot continue, meaning that I would have to restart the whole game and there is no way I'm doing it all from the begging...

Also it isn't part of the bug, but I have my complaints about the food/supply system of the game,
It runs out very quickly especially in cities with long distance between them, it is not realistic because back then armies had foragers, hunters and fishermen to supply them with food, I know that I can have workers accumulate food from the farms and capture sheep but all that takes too much time and doesn't really supply the army especially if there are many units in the army.
I'm aware that it (the supply system) cannot be removed or majorly altered now but I just wanted to say this because it has me almost screaming at times, when a major army arrives at city without food and moral and is defeated by a single peltast unit!!!

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 5, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Also I know that I can remove a brigade from inside a city but is there a command in the console that can remove any brigade mine or the enemies that is outside in the field?!

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 6, 2010 at 12:45 am

Sorry for the problems. There is a small bug in the map just north of the farm near the city of Odessus on the edge of the forest. Usually this just causes your units to appear blocked or it gives you a terrain inaccessible error in what appears to be clear terrain. Unfortunately in rarer cases like your it appears to be causing a crash.

The bug has been recently fixed and we are currently preparing an update which should be available to registered users later this week. Thanks for your patience.

Regarding the supply system. Thanks for your feedback. We did investigate a couple of foraging options earlier in development but decided they didn't work well with some of the other mechanics. Generally, the concept of eating off the land is represented by feeding off the enemy farms/sheep as you move into their territory. In places where this isn't possible you can instruct workers/slaves to carry food and move along with your units or you can bring the sheep with you. You could also move the sheep in advance to a position outside of enemy detection and move your troops in later.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2010 at 6:24 am

Ok, thanks will wait the update... it may be a silly question but the update will work on loaded save games and not only to start new games right?!

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 11, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I know that you are a small company but when is this update coming?!? I cannot continue the game at all!!!

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on July 12, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Sorry; we should have updated this thread. The beta for the next update has been available since Friday. And yes, your saved games should continue to work just fine.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Downloaded, installed, no problem anymore!