Skip navigation

Is it my imagination or are there archived posts in the NEWS

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Is it my imagination or are there archived posts in the NEWS
Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 12:15 am

Just asking since there is stuff dated two years ago in there.

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 11:32 am

What do you mean? All the News Topics are in their respective positions as I see (I was looking at it because I wanted to know which Board Pack came first; for example I wanted to know what came first, Board Pack 3 or Seumas Memorial Board Pack, and the answer was... Board Pack 3).

And I know the order of the releasement of DX2 board packs, on RB I do not know yet.
Board Pack 1
Board Pack 2
Classic DX-Ball Board Pack
Board Pack 3
Seumas Memorial Board Pack

I don't like GIFS (they limit colors on what I put and give fuzzy dots whenever I make a new GIF [not copy]), JPGs (fuzzy when strectch; but gives colors I need :) ), or PNGs (fuzzy dots)

Level 16 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 11:52 am

Just asking since there is stuff dated two years ago in there.

No, must be your imagination. ;)

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 12:40 pm

Yeah, I (painstakingly) went through all the old posts and inserted them into the new system.

I don't like GIFS (they limit colors on what I put and give fuzzy dots whenever I make a new GIF [not copy]), JPGs (fuzzy when strectch; but gives colors I need :) ), or PNGs (fuzzy dots)
This is really off-topic, but the "fuzzy dots" you get with PNGs are probably because you're limiting them to 256 colours. You can save PNGs as true-colour, if you can afford the file size.

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 1:15 pm

Well I managed to solve it using JPG and when I tested it, I didn't get any fuzzness when I revised it to look like a 24-bit bitmap, especially since it does give all the colors I need (as shown on the avatar I use). And that is a nice lobster you got there rick. Also since this forum allows only JPG, PNG, GIF, I was unable to put a brick on this. I was luckly able to get the board pack images before this site changed. Because you limit 100*100, detail on my image is limited.

Posted on July 12, 2005 at 2:08 pm

It's a scorpion :(

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 3:08 pm

Scorpions? :!:

I am glad this forum is better (the old forum is BUGGED!).
I consider the old forum bugged is because FAQ says you can delete posts at any time and I tested it and said "only forum leaders (administrators really, not member) can delete posts".

I tested PNGs again, they're OK. But I am already used to JPG.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 13, 2005 at 7:34 am

Yeah--like the rock band---

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on July 13, 2005 at 7:52 am

Scorpions? :!:

I am glad this forum is better (the old forum is BUGGED!).
I consider the old forum bugged is because FAQ says you can delete posts at any time and I tested it and said "only forum leaders (administrators really, not member) can delete posts".

I tested PNGs again, they're OK. But I am already used to JPG.

Thats becuase someone deleting their post if it is the first post in a thread deletes the whole thread, so LDA turned off that option about 4 years ago. The FAQ for UBB is for default set up, but most people who run forums don't leave them in default set up.

As for the old forum vs this one...this one is missing the really neat hidden Beta Testers forum that we still dropped posts in occasionally :D

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on July 13, 2005 at 8:37 am

Although being able to drop that one post a year might not really be worth it.

Posted on July 13, 2005 at 1:16 pm

We'll probably add a secret beta testers forum when Hegemony is ready for testing.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 17, 2005 at 2:50 am

We'll probably add a secret beta testers forum when Hegemony is ready for testing.

Me like secrets... wait... there was a secret beta tester forum in the UBB!?!

Posted on July 18, 2005 at 1:42 pm

Apparently!

Level 13 Human Retired
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 18, 2005 at 4:25 pm

Yes there was a beta testers forum in the old UBB board. It was used during beta testing for TM and some other times for those who knew how to get to it even when it was turned off to view by the beta testers.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 4, 2005 at 5:36 am

The 8th forum.

I didn't have permission to enter...

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 4, 2005 at 11:48 am

I've seen the ninth... and it's in my imagination... :mrgreen: