Skip navigation

Server Restart

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Server Restart
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on June 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm

every time the server trys to restart the connection times out and it makes another one and we have to go to that one. this happened when there were more than two people on the server.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 16, 2010 at 1:37 am

every time the server trys to restart the connection times out and it makes another one and we have to go to that one. this happened when there were more than two people on the server.

i've noticed that

i tried connecting to your server once and it did that though it stopped after you relaunched it, which i thought you fixed whatever was wrong with it

one possibility that i think is the issue rdanner and you and everyone else is having is that all of you are having issues with allowing the necessary ports to run a server properly

i don't know whether this is a problem or not as i haven't verified that either of your servers are having that issue

i'll try to help you both as well as i can but i can't help you as much as i want.

its a lot harder being the only one helping anyone here about this....

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on June 16, 2010 at 9:02 am

you can take your time. the server has really nothing wrong with it just that and its not that bad all you have to do is connect to the other running server.

Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on June 22, 2010 at 4:00 pm

OK, now I feel really intelligent, though it does prove the router's firewall is extremely effective! Had to create new outbound and inbound rules for the server to work.

Airport Smackdown is officially UP and responding to Master Server.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 22, 2010 at 4:31 pm

OK, now I feel really intelligent, though it does prove the router's firewall is extremely effective! Had to create new outbound and inbound rules for the server to work.

that's what i've been mentioning

it deals with the ports on your router

i'm glad you got that , i'll see ya there

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on June 22, 2010 at 5:30 pm

congrats ;)

Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on June 23, 2010 at 3:00 pm

that's what i've been mentioning
it deals with the ports on your router

i'm glad you got that , i'll see ya there

It's up again... and I've set it up where it launches when I log into Win7. LOL Ready to die? And kill lots? (BTW: There is a certain team you want to join, and 3 you don't.) }:->