Skip navigation

Awesome

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Awesome
Pages 1 2 3
Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on June 12, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Now I finally got my server to work! sorry i didnt get ras yet it might take about 2 days since ill be gone.
feel free to go on the server and tell me if anything is wrong with it.

P.S. in the older version i had the hells bells map i am searching for it and i already went on vorklift. where is it?????

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 12, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Now I finally got my server to work! sorry i didnt get ras yet it might take about 2 days since ill be gone.
feel free to go on the server and tell me if anything is wrong with it.

P.S. in the older version i had the hells bells map i am searching for it and i already went on vorklift. where is it?????

you'll find it

if you remember my ice wars mod i added several rare and long forgotten ice maps that i had to search everywhere for

let me know if you still have trouble locating it

i know where to find it ;)

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 13, 2010 at 6:26 pm

ok i cant find it i thought i found it in the links once but icant find it anymore

Posted on June 13, 2010 at 7:39 pm

ok i cant find it i thought i found it in the links once but icant find it anymore

i checked your server out

i have to say good job , nobody besides killer in a while has uploaded a new server or even an actual modded server.

heres the direct download to it

Ras85 Download (VD)

let me know if you need anything else...

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 13, 2010 at 10:55 pm

thanks for that! yeah my server is ok but i thought it would get kind of laggy since there was the mml (multi matter launcher) and i knew that that would lag so i got something different. and tell me if anything is wrong with my server.

P.S. i put boomstickville on the maps for it but thats all the server plays might get a different map.

Posted on June 13, 2010 at 11:03 pm

thanks for that! yeah my server is ok but i thought it would get kind of laggy since there was the mml (multi matter launcher) and i knew that that would lag so i got something different. and tell me if anything is wrong with my server.

P.S. i put boomstickville on the maps for it but thats all the server plays might get a different map.

your welcome

i would recommend that you make a mod pack for your mod server (if your going to use any mods that must be on both server and players side

if you can

list all the mods on your server here

so i know what mods i need to download to play your server

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 13, 2010 at 11:14 pm

all you need is insane pack and ras85 weapons

P.S. i i want to change the stock weapons ammo and stuff but when i go to save it it says "access is denied" can you help me?

Posted on June 14, 2010 at 12:59 am

all you need is insane pack and ras85 weapons

just making sure

P.S. i i want to change the stock weapons ammo and stuff but when i go to save it it says "access is denied" can you help me?

that means your directory of TM is being locked

i don't know what version of windows you have i use and will only use windows xp (vista or 7 no way in hell!)

since it is a user permission type of problem what i know to fix the problem may differ

this is what i know

the best way to fix that is right click the directory tread marks in program files and select properties disable read only and apply to all folders and subfolders

if that still doesn't work you may have to change the permissions then again you could reboot your pc to fix that

if those options don't work i might be able to get you a tool to unlock locked folders (i used it when i used to use windows xp

let me know what your os is or any other issues pertaining to that

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 14, 2010 at 10:03 am

nothing works and i have windows 7 home premium

and nothing has worked so far

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 16, 2010 at 1:27 am

don't know which version of treadmarks you have, but i haven't installed TM on any of my computers in a very long time. i just copy the TM programs file folder to where ever i need it, and run it from there. i'm a mac person, but when vista came out, and i am sure win7 is the same way, i remember reading that microsoft locked the "Programs" folder so nothing bad could happen to those files. and i remember thinking that i would never install anything to the "Programs" folder because i just thought that was silly. so, i would just copy and/or move the TM programs folder to some place in your Documents folder, Desktop, 2nd hard drive, and just run TM from there. of course, i could also just be a blabbering fool, but i also remember that when my bro was trying out different mods until his head exploded, he had upwards to 7 or 8 different TM program folders on his desktop, and each one had different mods in them so he could pick and choose which mods to test out with out having to endlessly shuffle the addons folders. well, just a thought, toodles, harmless. :)

Posted on June 16, 2010 at 1:58 am

don't know which version of treadmarks you have, but i haven't installed TM on any of my computers in a very long time. i just copy the TM programs file folder to where ever i need it, and run it from there. i'm a mac person, but when vista came out, and i am sure win7 is the same way, i remember reading that microsoft locked the "Programs" folder so nothing bad could happen to those files. and i remember thinking that i would never install anything to the "Programs" folder because i just thought that was silly. so, i would just copy and/or move the TM programs folder to some place in your Documents folder, Desktop, 2nd hard drive, and just run TM from there. of course, i could also just be a blabbering fool, but i also remember that when my bro was trying out different mods until his head exploded, he had upwards to 7 or 8 different TM program folders on his desktop, and each one had different mods in them so he could pick and choose which mods to test out with out having to endlessly shuffle the addons folders. well, just a thought, toodles, harmless. :)

thanks harmless for clarifying that

i was never able to run tm in windows 7 as i had an older version

i'm sorry to say i can't help you much with that

but i know a few people who can help me figure out your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------

edit*

this is the best solution i know so far

depending on what flavor (or windows type of win 7 os your running such as home premium

your administrative rights have limitations vary for each

meaning you may not be able to alter anything installed in the program files

my advice is too search google and find out what your os flavor a.k.a windows 7 (flavor) can control as an admin

let me know if you have any trouble with this

I'll get back to you ultimate pawnage when i have more time on my hands...

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 16, 2010 at 8:59 am

ok so i found out the problem and i found a way to get through it. i acctually only needed to save the different file somewhere else and delete the origonal file. the mods i made are only ammo and reload time only the cool ones have a fast reload and alot of ammo. for instance Nuke ammo= 100000 with a reload time of.01

P.S. can you put a reload time of .001? lol

Posted on June 16, 2010 at 12:47 pm

ok so i found out the problem and i found a way to get through it. i acctually only needed to save the different file somewhere else and delete the origonal file. the mods i made are only ammo and reload time only the cool ones have a fast reload and alot of ammo. for instance Nuke ammo= 100000 with a reload time of.01

P.S. can you put a reload time of .001? lol

good then

i knew of another solution that may have worked out a similar way

not .001 but 0.001 i think works with TM

haven't modded in a while need to refresh ;)

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 16, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Thanks SS ill try the 0.001

Posted on June 16, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Thanks SS ill try the 0.001

your welcome pawnage

thank you for continuing a time that is now well dead

for a long time i was the only person modding TM

mostly because i learned how to mod from many users i miss that left LDA including a few still here that had sadly lost all their passion

because it took me 3 to 5 years to get the full version, know how to make a mod and other things i wasn't able to join a clan or e part of what used to be a big community with so much more to offer

which is why i hope we make a new community here as the last almost died

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm

yes i wish that there were still a lot of people playing this game and a big community i got in a clan but never saw all the different stuff there was back then for this.

P.S. I am starting to learn how to mod (launchcount,mesh,etc) but im wondering if you could change how long the weapon\projectile lasts and change the speed. i dont know what it would be.

Posted on June 17, 2010 at 1:41 pm

yes i wish that there were still a lot of people playing this game and a big community i got in a clan but never saw all the different stuff there was back then for this.

P.S. I am starting to learn how to mod (launchcount,mesh,etc) but im wondering if you could change how long the weapon\projectile lasts and change the speed. i dont know what it would be.

yes you can

for projectile life (how long it lasts)

use: timetolive,

for speed\guidence and control

use: |speed|guidemax|guidespeed|guidebias| add or alter these commands within any projectile (.ent)

you can set weapon speed by reload time (i'm sure you know that)

you can't set how long a weapon lasts, only ammo and speed which will make the use of the weapon last longer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
i also have some good advice to help start you out

as a modder, i would advise that you should ignore the specified settings within the readme file,

try modifying weapons tanks e.t.c and see the effects so you can get a feel of what you want to make or how you want to make it.

use the readme file only for reference or a simple recommendation to make basic mods based on how each function works.

ignore the limitations they say exist (they don't) there actually is no limitation at all to any setting

every function can do exactly what its capable of, for example a simple on\off command does exactly that.

so ignore their so called word "MAX" as unless its an on\off command you can apply that as high as you could ever possibly want

another reason why i wouldn't advise using the readme is, there are some commands not shown there for any type of entity.

i even know commands that nobody but me or the programmers of LDA know

i intend to keep it secret until i finish my own mod project

when my projects are complete, i'm sure that even expert modders like killer or random chaos can learn something from me ;)

i'm just as good at modding, or better as they quit seriously modding a while back.

let me know if you need any more help...

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 17, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Thanks for the advice i plan on modding tanks right after the weapons I have plenty of time on my hands and i plan to use it very well. But another thing i was wondering is if you could mod maps? like not make the terrain all different but like in the map armageddon there is that orange thing that shoots out nukes (very fun by the way) and i was hoping that you could put more of those on a map.

I have noticed the mod project you were working on i think you posted like a "sneak peek" or something on youtube and it looks very intersting (if it wasnt yours it looks very cool) and yours will be very cool anyway

Posted on June 17, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Thanks for the advice i plan on modding tanks right after the weapons I have plenty of time on my hands and i plan to use it very well. But another thing i was wondering is if you could mod maps? like not make the terrain all different but like in the map armageddon there is that orange thing that shoots out nukes (very fun by the way) and i was hoping that you could put more of those on a map.

yes you can

i'm sure you've heard of Tmapper

if i remember correctly their is a spawn point for the nukes on Armageddon

either way, use Tmapper to modify the map and look in the points section you should find what you need there.

I have noticed the mod project you were working on i think you posted like a "sneak peek" or something on youtube and it looks very intersting (if it wasnt yours it looks very cool) and yours will be very cool anyway

yes it is mine if its posted at

http://www.youtube.com/user/DuKENZiREX

if its not on that page somebody stole it from me!

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on June 17, 2010 at 11:36 pm

I have heard of that Tmapper at vorklift right? and i think its under modifacation tools. Thanks for all your help Dude.

P.S. I REALLY hope that you start a server with that mod

Pages 1 2 3