Skip navigation

Was suprised when i found this game...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Was suprised when i found this game...
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 9, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Hi
Normaly i dont post much in forums(To lazy:)and limited english)but after playing ur game 1 week,I just whant to say THX to the Hegemony PoM team!
In last 14 years I played realy near all rts(since AoE1), but i have lose the hope to get attractet by any new release of this modern, "fast food rts games" so many disapointments...
Now i playing only a few games like M&B or the TW series(STW MTW VI,RTW,MTW,ETW..)there i like the battles, played some campaigns but never was satisfaight with the turn based campaign, tried to love it but it dont works.
Here and there Playing Knights of Honor, great concept of gameplay,global map/diplomacy/kingdom managmend but to easy, and a little datet graphic wise.I hope for a KoH2, but seems theres not much hope:(
Allwys thought, man, if we can get something like KoH in 3d, zooming from global to battlemap, realtime battles, realtime campaign..ect....and there i get it Hegemony:)
K its not realy my timeframe, i like medieval or napoleon era more, but i can live with macedon setting, (hope for sequels for other eras:))
So one more time thx for this game good to see there are still guys with talent ideas and innovation who manage to make games like HPoM with v low budget.
It gives me hope that is not all over with the rts genre, seems the big guys of game industrie cant destroy all innovation just to get Fast easy money of the "fast food" kids:))

Sry for my limited english..

greetz
Peter

Level 11 Extraplanar Awesome Sauce!
Posted on June 9, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Hey Peter,

We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying Hegemony!

Speaking for myself, I do think we will be exploring other time eras. Medievil/Victorian times are my favourite.

Thanks for your support, Peter!

Clarissa & the LDA team.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 9, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Speaking for myself, I do think we will be exploring other time eras. Medievil/Victorian times are my favourite.

-----------
Nice to hear that!
Yes,thers so much potencial in this game.
Another thing i like is the communication of the HPoM team with the community(something like that is very rare in todays gameworld:)),its a garanty for a good future of HPoM and his eventualy sequels....:) so i have no worrys about patches and future developmend of this game..
There are some gameplay issues,like passiv units when attaced, formation pathfinding/coordination (nothing gamebreaking so far)a little patch here and there and it will be for sure a winner.
When i remember all the buged high budget games,then HPoM is near perfect at this early stage of release:))

greetz from germany
and again..sry for my english:)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm

"I do think we will be exploring other time eras. Medievil/Victorian times are my favourite."

NOOO! PLEASE! Keep your games to the Ancient Times setting: it is much more interesting and less exploited. Many other developers focus on Medieval and Modern times.

So much more of Alexander, Caesar, Roman Empire, Fall of Roman Empire, etc.!

Hegemony is such a good game: UI and history as well. Many thanks: please continue!

Level 11 Extraplanar Awesome Sauce!
Posted on July 27, 2010 at 3:48 pm

"NOOO! PLEASE! Keep your games to the Ancient Times setting: it is much more interesting and less exploited. Many other developers focus on Medieval and Modern times.

So much more of Alexander, Caesar, Roman Empire, Fall of Roman Empire, etc.!

Hopefully MORE Ancient Time based games to come! I think that's definately our focus for now.

I was just personally speaking something I had in mind, maybe in the wayyyy distant future or side project. Steampunk/Victorian? Just a thought bubble really.

So, no worries!
Glad you are enjoying. :)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 3:41 pm

glad to hear that, Clarissa! :o)

If you're into Victorian times, you have Paradox's Victoria II and Ageod's Vainglory of Nations to look forward to! And if you like Paradox's franchise, maybe even Crusader Kings II in due course (they're checking the interest for a sequel on facebook, I've heard).

Many thanks for Hegemony and potential expansions and sequels!