Skip navigation

A guide to the Grouping System

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > A guide to the Grouping System
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 4, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Many of you (including me up until now) had some problems using the grouping ability correctly especially in combat.

As it is now the group would stand, get attacked and only a part of it partitipated in the fight the rest just looked so you had to issue an attack command for every single unit.

But I have found out how to make this system actually way more useful in battles where you at least aren't outnumbered by the enemies.
When your group gets engaged, you take the whole group box and drag it further into the enemies direction (even on and beyond the unit(s) currently engaged with your group) release and you will see your other parts of the group that currently were standing idle are now advancing and even engaging enemies they meet.
Have a try and tell me what you think =]

As for pathfinding issues like units getting stuck while leaving the city or threw narrow path this only really seems to be an issue when the group wouldn't be able to fully stand in their end position (at least one regiment would stand in unpassable terrain)
Avoid that happening at all cost and your units will move quick and smooth threw nearly everything ;)
Always make sure the end position is valid for all units of the group!

so long
AeneaS