Skip navigation

Hegemony 1.1.0 now released!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Hegemony 1.1.0 now released!
Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 10:31 am

Version 1.1.0 has now been released, so go ahead and give it a try. As always, you can download it from the Download Centre, or you can just download the demo on the Hegemony page and your serial code will still work.

If you've purchased Hegemony on Impulse, the new version should appear shortly, but if you can't wait, go ahead and download the demo from our site; the serial code you got from Impulse will work perfectly fine with the installer you get here.

The list of changes has been mentioned a couple times before, but keep reading to see the list again.

* We now have multiple difficulty levels, for those who would like more of a challenge, or if you'd like Hegemony to be a little less stressful.
* The enemy is now less aggressive in 'normal' difficulty. If you liked the difficulty level in version 1.0, set the difficulty to 'expert'.
* A number of problems with objectives have been fixed, including Bardylis disbanding his men, and not being able to complete kill quests.
* Hegemony now supports Unicode file paths, so it works on non-English versions of Windows.
* Issuing orders is now more responsive. This came at a cost: you are now required to double-click faster. This setting is configurable in the 'Gameplay' settings.
* Non-combat units now have a silver base, making it easier to differentiate them from combat units, especially when they're in cities.
* The asset list is now twice as wide, and units in the field report the region they're in. Garrisoned units have a (g) next to their station.
* If you have a wide monitor, you'll be able to open more than two dialogues.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 3, 2010 at 9:12 am

I purchased it from Gamersgate. Same for us as for the Impulse people? Waiting for the update.

Footsteps from the players infantry are really really loud for me.

Edit: I also hope it cuts down the time the Longbow Games logo is shown. Feels like I'm playing an EA game where I am forced to watch the company logo every freaking time for what feels like a minute.

Edit: Ignore my post, I just noticed it is 1.1.0 already, at least it says so.

Posted on June 4, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Yep, GamersGate never got 1.0.0.

As far as the logo, it's actually loading the music for the loading screen while it's showing the logo. It really shouldn't be staying up there for more than a couple seconds unless your hard drive is really slow, or really fragmented. It could potentially take a long time if your installation didn't finish properly, in which case the game has some redundancy to finish the installation process on the logo screen, but even if that happens, it will only happen once.

Unfortunately, there's not really anything we can do about that, since it's actually an important part of the loading sequence.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 5, 2010 at 1:44 pm

The game costs 30$ on your site and on impulse the game is 25€ which is 30$.
On Gamersgate however the game costs 30€... why is that? ^^

Also the game is hard to find at gamersgate =/
It is only listed in realtime strategy while for example rome total war alexander is listed in realtime strategy, history, grand strategy and more. Hegemony just is in the realtime category while it would classify for those other categories too...

Posted on June 9, 2010 at 5:07 am

Hey, if you think it's hard to find on GamersGate, try finding it on Direct2Drive! As we've been dealing with these other companies, I've really been impressed with Impulse; in my opinion, they're a class act.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to get GamersGate to show me the euro price, but it sounds like they might have screwed up the price there. I certainly instructed them to sell it for 25€. I'll write them to try to sort things out.