Skip navigation

Impulse version

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Impulse version
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 6:59 am

Hi, i've purchased the game by Impulse. The version I have is 1.74. Here speaks about a 1.1 version. ¿ Are the same ?
or ¿ I need update ? Thanks, and congratulations by the game.

Cheers.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 7:19 am

Look here:
http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=1977

It should be available to us soon.

Level 21 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 10:43 am

The new patch has been uploaded to Impulse. They say it usually takes about 24hrs for updates to go live.

In the meantime, you can always download the demo from our site... The latest should be available within a few minutes of this post.

The demo is the full version. it just needs the serial code to unlock it, so you can safely install the demo over top of your Impulse version, or install the demo and plug in the serial code that you got from Impulse and you should be good.

-Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Evil
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Ok, so officially the fix to the bug (Bardylis error saying to kill him when he's dead) mentioned three times I've seen so far on this forums is to download the game again from your site and install it all over? Which link do I download from, will my save games be intact, and why in the world don't you just release a patch like all other games to fix this instead of downloading the game and installing it all over again? I'm frustrated that I play a demo, pay for the full version, then shortly after that it bugs out, then told "start all over and download/install again". Please explain how to resolve the Bardylis issue, is it just re download off your site? Whats this mention of "console commands" to get passed a stuck part? Can I get that?

Frustrated Customer

PS - I actually called in sick to work today so I could stay home and play it some more after purchasing it last night, so I'm fairly upset atm that I'm missing work and still not able to play your game.....

Posted on May 29, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Our demo/full version is only around 200MB making it smaller than many patches. That's why we just update the whole game.
The demo on our site should fix the problem and your saved games will still work.

-Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Thanks. I´ve just download the demo and works perfectly.

Cheers.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Thank you for the quick response, I'm in middle of downloading it atm.

Posted on May 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm

The ~ key opens/shuts the console.

It sounds like you've killed Bardylis but need more hoplites to kill. The following command will let you spawn an Illyrian Hoplite brigade.

addbrigade illyrianhoplitebrigade -faction Illyria

Just to reiterate, this should be fixed in the new version (just posted). Loading a saved game just before Bardylis will reset the quest.

Sorry again about the bug.

-Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Ya, just installed the new version and loaded an older saved game to where my forces are ready to attack Bard, kicked his tail aannnnddd...... same result, loaded a game further back, marched my armies over, and same result... I'll try the console commands now and let you know (it is showing the quest completed, telling me to capture Olooson, but when I click in the new areas it has the "X" and says "Bardylis and hoplies are still in northern etc"

Console commands didn't solve the issue, gave me some more troops to slaughter, but still tells me to capture Olooson, yet has the "X" telling me I have to go kill Bardylis in the north still...

Posted on May 29, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Check that it is version 1.1 in the top right corner, just in case the Impulse version wasn't overwritten properly.

Otherwise, with a saved game that can reproduce the bug, Rob can take a look. Your saved games can be found in either 'C:\Users\<your name>\Saved Games\Hegemony...' (on Vista or newer) or 'C:\Document and Settings\<your name>\My Documents\Hegemony...' (on Windows XP).

Email the saved game to rob@longbowgames.com

In the meantime you can try installing the demo in a different location and move the saved game to where it can be loaded.

-Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Ya I confirmed its 1.1, I've emailed two saved files to the address you gave me, one immediately before completing the quest and one immediately after killing Bardylis with the quest showing complete but not allowing me to enter any of the lands around.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Hi, how do you spawn a paeonian cavalry please?

I need one more to complete the objective and left bargala alive for a long time now but no cavalry yet

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Ok, so I uninstalled, ensured the directory was deleted, (backed up my saves and removed them too), and started from scratch again. Same issue except I'm getting raided from the north, but unable to persue with the same issue of red X "defeat Bard" msg. I can however move through the terrain indirectly, by clicking on Pella from Pellagonia in the north, I'll move through the terrain being attacked/fighting, but the red "X" over it. I did email the saved game file but figured I'd add this for an update on it.

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I've checked out the two save games and they appear fine. In your 'maybe' savegame Bardylis shouldn't have retreated into the city if you had started the game in version 1.0.1 or greater but he is still there to kill.

My guess is that you might be loading the savegame into an unregistered copy of Hegemony. Admittedly the game will confusingly still say bardylis is in upper macedonia because this is always true in the demo but if you load the 'prologue' savegame into a registered copy you should have no problem proceeding.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 1, 2010 at 1:06 am

Hi, how do you spawn a paeonian cavalry please?

I need one more to complete the objective and left bargala alive for a long time now but no cavalry yet

Since the newest patch you either capture all cities or kill the cavalry. You don't have to kill the 5units of cavalry anymore.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on June 1, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I still haven't seen the update from Impulse on this yet. I figured that Impulse would get to it today after the long weekend for U.S., but no luck.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 2, 2010 at 12:44 am

I still haven't seen the update from Impulse on this yet. I figured that Impulse would get to it today after the long weekend for U.S., but no luck.
write angry emails to impulse so they upload the patch faster =]
nah don't do that ;) But encouraging or asking them wouldn't hurt I think.

Level 8 Human Student
Posted on June 2, 2010 at 7:51 am

I uninstalled the game, then installed the demo and entered the serial provided on Impulse. Save games should still be there.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on June 2, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I don't think Impulse got my email on the weekend. Yesterday they emailed me back to let me know that they'll update the game ASAP.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 4, 2010 at 12:30 am

I wonder if they know what ASAP means. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I doubt it will happen before the weekend.