Skip navigation

save game problem

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > save game problem
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 25, 2010 at 8:48 am

Hello, guys, and congrats on this awesome game :)

I have a problem: I have downloaded the beta, and each time I try to save my game, it shows an error message telling that the file....\...\hegemonysavegame.xml(not sure about the file's extension type) can't be found, and I can't save my game;
also, in the 1st autosave, I get a CTD...

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 25, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I updated the 1.0.1 beta to support international filenames, because things like saved games weren't working on Russian versions of Windows. I heard back that the patch worked, but unfortunately it's tough for me to test personally since we only have English copies of Windows. Are you using a non-English version of Windows?

Also, did this problem not exist in the 1.0.0 version?

Oh, and if you can give me the exact filename it reports, that would be very useful.

Sorry about the bug, and thanks for your patience.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm

I had the same problem in both versions; mine windows are greek.
here's what I've been shown: http://i50.tinypic.com/j6ivl2.jpg

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on May 26, 2010 at 4:36 pm

The version number in the pic you posted indicates it's version 1.0.0 (rev17429). Just to clarify, is the message the same in updates (1.0.1 or 1.1.0)? Presently those are only available to registered customers as they are still in beta but we hope to have them released for everyone soon.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 6:17 am

Hi, I have the same problem: http://screencast.com/t/ODg4MTAyMzUt , crashes on auto and quicksave, generates the same message but does not crash on manual saving attempt.

Is there perhaps any way of manually changing the path of savegames?
(btw I purchased the game on Impulsedriven, so does not have acces to betas.)

Thanks in advance,
Balazs

update: Some more bits of info (hope it will help): I use a Hungarian version of Windows Xp, and my user name (included the name of the Documents folder)contains a special character: "รก" .

Tested it with another user, containing only standard English letters, and saving works fine.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 29, 2010 at 6:38 am

I'll be officially releasing version 1.1 very soon on this site and on Impulse. Watch the news.

Impulse will probably take about a day to update, but the serial code you received from Impulse will still work with our version, so try updating once the new version goes live.