Skip navigation

game crashing after I take a city

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > game crashing after I take a city
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 22, 2010 at 1:51 pm

First I want to say that this is a great game, and the recent patch has made the AI much less aggressive with raiding (although now when they occasionally attack they use large stacks, which are surprisingly much easier to deal with).

But the problem that I'm having right now is that whenever I take Dium my game crashes with this error message: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9479/errorhq.png

so can you do anything to fix it?

edit: nevermind, I fixed it by taking it with different units, and somehow it worked?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 25, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Glad to hear you worked around it. Rob may have fixed it in the 1.0.1 beta, but if you still have a saved game that can reproduce the bug, we'd be happy to take a look. Your saved games can be found in either 'C:\Users\<your name>\Saved Games\Hegemony...' (on Vista or newer) or 'C:\Document and Settings\<your name>\My Documents\Hegemony...' (on Windows XP).

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 31, 2010 at 10:18 pm

---------------------------
Win32Exception
An error occurred while running Hegemony: Philip of Macedon.

The instruction at 0x760CF328 referenced memory at 0x0000000C. The memory could not be read.
OK

This happened when putting a unit of hypastasis into the city left of larissa which I was going to invade (used 2 units of phalangites from the city to attack larissa then put my hypastasis which was standing near it into the city and crash.
Dunno if this is any use to you ^^ I'll see if it happens again

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on June 2, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Unfortunately, that's not really useful to us.

If it happens again, it should offer to create a dump file, which you can send to rob@longbowgames.com. Saved games are also really useful, if you can make it crash by loading a saved game and doing something in particular.