Skip navigation

Reassigning Unit's Home Cities

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Reassigning Unit's Home Cities
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 17, 2010 at 6:28 am

For some reason it seems as if I can no longer reassign units to other cities. I had no problem with this in the demo, but now nothing seems to happen when I do it. I don't know if something has changed, or I have suddenly forgotten something and am overlooking the obvious.

I click the unit, click the reassign button, and select the city and nothing happens -- in fact it doesn't really seem to select the city at all. I've tried it with hotkeys, I've tried both let and right clicking, etc. Sometimes I seem to get messages about not having enough trade route/market nodes, as if I was trying to create a route between cities. Any help on this appreciated.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 17, 2010 at 9:52 am

OK, after fooling around with it further I see that all the 'select home city' button does is to literally select the unit's home city, rather than let the player reassign it. Useless. Is there a way to reassign home cities? I could have sworn there was in the demo, but I suspect that was not the case.

Still, really enjoying the game, even when it gets hectic.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 6:02 pm

The only way is to disband a unit and rebuild it elsewhere. You probably only want to do this with non-Macedonian units, though, because Macedonian units level up. Make sure you're extra careful with them.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Thanks, Rick. I've gotten more used to not being able to change cities, and now just look at it as another game play mechanic. I tend to concentrate my recruitment in certain key cities, and keep the units recruited there in a certain theater, and it works fine.