Skip navigation

Testing new SSO weapons

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Testing new SSO weapons
Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 16, 2010 at 11:26 pm

OK, ok, I'm pretty sure they rock. With the "standard" weapons mostly disabled (yes, this is possible) on a server, it gets insane, to the point that I've actually lost count of how many actual kills I got until the end total hit and I noticed the other team had died 900+ times to my team's 100-300. (in a 20 minute period)

The base setup is that I've disabled all stock weapons except the nuke and grenade launcher, and the only other weapons are the SSO variants of both my Black Plague versions.

Please note: The turret-mounted has a much higher rate of fire and usually has a single-hit-kill capability.

Temporarily, to tell the two apart in-game, one will be using BlackShinyEvil and the other will use (probably) some other texture also done similarly.

Basic stats on both weapons:
* Time-to-live: 180 seconds
* Speed: Higher than cruise
* Guidance: Better(?) than cruise

Differences will become apparent once you're in-server. Believe me, they will! LOL

Will reply to this thread when I'm ready to have the weapons-test. (Be prepared to die repeatedly if the AIs get the weapon. They ARE learning how to use it.) I would finish setup tonight, but I'm too tired. Been a busy, draining day.

Feel free to respond to this thread with questions, etc. I'll answer them as best I'm able.

Posted on May 17, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Server is UP. Not all stock weapons mentioned in first post are actually disabled, but it was to try controlling the out-of-control fragging a bit.

Shiny black missile is v0.1.0
(mounts left-side)

Shiny gold missile is v0.1.5
(mounts orb/turret)

These are possibly permanent colorations, but I'm also looking at other options in the stock texture set. Suggestions, comments? Email me. Should still be on the server's info when you access it.

Posted on May 25, 2010 at 6:38 pm

As mentioned on a couple other threads, my server's not pinging properly. I'm working on it, and have put a third variant up temporarily.

Have also (temporarily) altered the projectile ENTs to show the version number of the 'Plague that just destroyed someone. This is for debugging and testing purposes only, however.

Thought I had the situation under control (and the server pingable) with Comodo Firewall, but it not only didn't do that, it'd hang the OS every time I started TreadMarks to actually play it! (Bad, bad programming, if you ask me!)