Skip navigation

Performance issues

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Performance issues
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 15, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing performance issues. When I'm in the game moving the camera is a trial; lots of chop and pauses. When I'm not moving the camera the game seems to be ok.

My rig is a Core i7 920, 6 gigs of RAM, 2 ATI 5770s and is running Win7 x64. I have run Hegemony with vid settings at High, Low, and Medium with no change in performance. Additionally, I also run a ton of other games on this box and they all just fine.

I'll keep working on it and report back if I find a fix.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Based on those specs, you shouldn't have any issues. What resolution are you running at?

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 15, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Like everything else, I play at 1680 x 1050.

I just updated to Catalyst 10.4 from 10.3 and I think I might see a little performance increase, but it's so small that it doesn't count :)

There is no lag when I'm scrolled all the way out and looking at the continent map, just when I'm zoomed in at the troop/tree level.

No difference in performance weather I use the mouse or the keyboard keys to move the camera. I also tried setting processor affinity thinking it might be a multi-core problem, but that didn't help either.

I also have "Use application settings" selected in the control center with Box as the filter type in AA settings.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 15, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Found the "fix". I disabled Crossfire. . . .and game runs fine. Grrrrrr.

So, here's to hoping that a patch will fix this. And before anyone jumps salty on me, I'm not trying to come across snotty, but it seems that if Crossfire were that screwed up I'd be seeing more problems here than I am ( which is none). Especially since I'm playing through old games like Homeworld and Myth again as well as more recent games like L4D2 and Supreme Commander 2.

Other than this problem I really like this game and look forward to the hours I will spend playing it. Good thing the grass is cut!

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 16, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Thanks for letting us know about the crossfire issue. We don't have any machines with two video cards, but we'll try to look into it for future patches.