Skip navigation

Wishlist

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Wishlist
Pages 1 2
Level 9 Human Sorcerer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on May 17, 2010 at 7:49 pm

There are actually 2 campaign files in release\resources: campaign.fi and campaign.xml The 'fi' file is a binary xml format that the game will load by default if it is present.

To mod the campaign.xml file you can either delete the 'fi' file and force the game to load the xml version (which is slow) or find a fast infoset converter online and compile the 'xml' version into a 'fi'.

Ah, that would explain a lot. I just came here to say none of the changes I made did anything :P

Incidentally, does putting a copy of globals.xnt in the user's appdata folder cause the game to use that one instead of the one in the game's prgram File's folder? (like with controls.xnt) If so, that would be great for installing mods - having to overwrite half the game to install a mod is usually something most people would prefer to avoid.

In other news, I started a new game, and didn't have Bardylis' hoplites run away, so I'm now a fair bit further in. Enjoying it immensely - I had to fend off a wave of attacks from all the neighbouring factions almost immdiately (presumably they weren't allowed to attack before Bardylis was killed), so in revenge I decided to capture all their neighbouring cities. I got as far as taking Stobi, then the Illyrians stepped up their raids again, so I've decided to finish them off once and for all. :D

Level 9 Human Music
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 17, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I done some changes in the campaign XML file and deleted the FI file.
I then converted my new file to FI but the game just crashes now?

No idea why..
All I changed was 1 towns total pop from 15 to 99 :p

Level 9 Human Sorcerer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 10:05 am

I done some changes in the campaign XML file and deleted the FI file.
I then converted my new file to FI but the game just crashes now?

No idea why..
All I changed was 1 towns total pop from 15 to 99 :p

did you change the total pop to higher than the maximum pop? If so, I imagine that would cause it to crash. If not, try deleting the fi file completely, and letting the game generate it itself.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 10:15 am

Something else that would be nice is a rally mechanism. I often forget/miss announcements about Generals that have been routed and are restored/unlocked for use again. It'd be nice if I could set up at least those (preferably also my infantry) to go to a specific location as soon as they're active. That way I can just periodically check just that location instead of looking through the asset list or going around the map to look at all the villas.

Level 9 Human Music
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 10:16 am

I did.
but I changed it back to default and still crashed.
Deleted the FI file and left the XML file.
Game crashed anyway!
Not even replacing it with the default one was able to make the game playable...

So I just uninstalled it and installed it again to make the game work again.

I have one question to those trying to modify this game.

Please, if you can find anything to do with slaves.
Let me know!
I wish to change how you capture them.
If you capture them, they turn into a free militia force.
Instead of capturing them and only useful for mines or carrying food.
I would rather capture slaves and use them as free militia forces!

Level 9 Human Lurker
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Yeah, failed too.
Found out that the game doesn't start up without the campaign.fi file, even if you use the orignal campaign.xml file.

When i edit the campaign.xml file and convert it with Noemax free FI converter i got errors and a game that fails to start as well.
Anyone who succeeded to start the game after editing the xml file and convert it to .fi?

Level 9 Human Music
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Nope still having the same issue.
I can't change anything without it crashing lol.

IF the devs are watching! Can you please let us know what we need or what we are doing wrong?
ta!

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Ah, it does look like there's a problem loading the .xml file. I'll look into this when I have time.

Pages 1 2