Skip navigation

Running Hegemony on Linux Wine

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Running Hegemony on Linux Wine
Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm

We've heard from somebody who purchased Hegemony to play on Linux under Wine. I just thought I'd let everybody know that if you're trying to do this, you should update your copy of Wine to the latest development release, in the 1.1.x line (I've personally tested with 1.1.31). If you're still running a 1.0.x release of Wine, the game itself will run, but the launcher (which you need to register the game) will crash.

Believe it or not, it actually seems to load faster on Linux than running native on Vista.

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 13, 2010 at 6:46 pm

We've heard from somebody who purchased Hegemony to play on Linux under Wine. I just thought I'd let everybody know that if you're trying to do this, you should update your copy of Wine to the latest development release, in the 1.1.x line (I've personally tested with 1.1.31). If you're still running a 1.0.x release of Wine, the game itself will run, but the launcher (which you need to register the game) will crash.

Believe it or not, it actually seems to load faster on Linux than running native on Vista.

because vista sucks and is a fat memory hog