Skip navigation

Market nodes

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Market nodes
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 10, 2010 at 10:02 pm

How can I tell how many market nodes a city has? I can't find the answer in the in-game manual.

Thanks.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 10, 2010 at 10:42 pm

When the mouse is over a city, the 3rd line in the tooltip shows the total number of market/dock nodes and how many have been used. It's the last number on that line left of the green Caduceus symbol.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 10, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Thanks a lot. :)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 7:17 am

Also, every available market node is "unbuilt" such as pilings for a dock or the structural outline for a market. This gives you a visual aid when passing over a city in addition to the text info Rob mentioned.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 10:14 am

Thanks. Is it possible to increase the number of nodes, fx by increasing population?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 11:49 am

Unfortunately, no.

Actually, we tried exactly what you suggested in an earlier version of the game, but it didn't work out too well. We have some ideas on how we could revive this feature, but that will have to wait for the sequel :)

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Alright, thanks. I'm having a few problems fitting everything together, but I'll manage. :)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Try training cities together: City A has farms come to it and sends it's output to City B, which then supplies your front line positions at City C. Your supply lines are limited transfer rate, so try and get them to coastal towns where you've got docks. The longer the supply line, the slower it's transfer is. Coastal towns can send between each other much more efficiently than overland. Although, you won't really need to utilize that ability until much later in the game when you start moving either toward Persia or down into central Greece.

Also note that your supply carts are actively sending food, that means that if enemy troops kill your cart, you lose the food that is on it. The carts aren't just for show :)

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 12, 2010 at 7:37 am

Thanks. I haven't unlocked triremes yet, let alone found any harbor cities, since I've pretty much stayed up north. It's good to know, though, that sea routes can transport more and faster, although that's to be expected, I guess, from a historial game. :)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 12, 2010 at 7:52 am

That's only because Philip didn't invent intercity catapults to transfer goods :D

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 12, 2010 at 8:11 am

That's only because Philip didn't invent intercity catapults to transfer goods :D

You'd think that with all the bright minds he surrounded himself with, someone would have come up with that. :)