Skip navigation

ENT limit in TreadMarks....

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > ENT limit in TreadMarks....
Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 2, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Have noticed that if one has too many weapons/tanks/etc. loaded on a server, anyone attempting to get in will get crashed out at the "Map Loading" screen, rather inelegantly. (Have noticed this especially being true if the user has Can o' Whoop Ass and Sheep Brigade loaded locally!)

Is there anywhere that shows the ENT limit, and how to determine if one's setup will run afoul of it?

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on May 2, 2010 at 10:28 pm

There is an ent limit. but no one actually counted the number of ents. The signs are corrupted audio. I also noticed that on a server with lots of stuff flying around (when I run my Armageddon server I notice this) one of the spawn points has a horrendous high pitched squeal attached to it. It has a proximity effect because as you move away from it it fades off. So either having lots of mods or having lots of stuff spawning on a map causes audio glitches.

Being the author of Can O' Whoop ass, and having looked at the sheep brigade, both spawn lots of ents in a very short period of time.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 2, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Have noticed that if one has too many weapons/tanks/etc. loaded on a server, anyone attempting to get in will get crashed out at the "Map Loading" screen, rather inelegantly. (Have noticed this especially being true if the user has Can o' Whoop Ass and Sheep Brigade loaded locally!)

Is there anywhere that shows the ENT limit, and how to determine if one's setup will run afoul of it?

having so many entities takes a lot of bandwidth and if you don't have a fast enough Internet connection it'll lag to death (even if your Internet is good enough depending how many mods or what mods you have.

mods like the ones you mentioned cause heavy lag because of how much data is involved for TM to process

I've used entities over the limit never had a server crash i did have the game slowed so far down the server literally froze because of the extreme lag of all mods being utilized at once.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by the way

if you use any mods on a server located within the Addons directory other players will have to download them as the entities must synch

if not synced your players can't utilize your mods on your server correctly

also if you ever host a server and have a firewall on your pc\router you'll have to allow the ports to have access or nobody can even connect to your server except yourself

last i checked

you had absolute: 0 ping

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on May 4, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Oh, so that explains the high pitch squeal on the server that Harmless is currently running. Too many ents. Thanks.

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 6, 2010 at 12:36 am

oh... so it's not the Sirens' song dulling your senses and luring you to certain death ;)

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on May 6, 2010 at 12:42 am

oh... so it's not the Sirens' song dulling your senses and luring you to certain death ;)

lol

now you just need to regress to a modem and your server will be complete ;)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 6, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Simulated lag will be the next fad!

Level 13 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on May 7, 2010 at 10:30 pm

lol, simulated lag.