Skip navigation

Bot for TM

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Bot for TM
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 17, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Im sorry for my pure english.

I like to play this game but I have some questions.

I need for my site some statistic like that: who is online play, which map, ping and other inforamtion. May I get some help or source how to work client and server and which packet sends? If it possible I release simple text client which can monitor server state.

I want some functionality for server. At this time I have problem then I want to change map, I need to manually restart server. May be possible include "vote for map" function then any player may ask to change map and other say to server apply or not new map?

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 20, 2010 at 7:13 am

What you want is Killer's app for server management. His site is not exactly normal right now (undergoing reconstruction, raw download files accessible only), and I'm not sure what the file is named, so hopefully he'll post a link to it.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on April 21, 2010 at 10:31 am

Thank you, this is good news. I need more information about Killer's apps. I would be happy to get it.

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on April 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm

AH! Thats my old TMLogScan app. It can control multiple servers and allow in game voting to boot a player, change the map and add/remove ai tanks. Statistics wise it would post data to my website where stats can be gathered across servers and allow remote control of the game servers from my website. You were even able to set up "events" which would trigger an in game message to be sent to all the servers that use TMLogscan informing people that the event was going to start on a particular server. Unfortunately, I was bombarded with people accusing me of invading players privacy because they got their stats recorded and it showed who was currently playing on what server, and general bitching and moaning of how I'm ruining the TM community with it. It got to the point that I had to pull the plug due to the harassment. I have a version that does not post to my website, does not track statistics, and does not send off event notifications. It simply allows remote control of the server from a client app and from in-game (with all the voting features). If that would suffice, I can dust it off and see if it is still usable (it is several years old). Unfortunately all the statistics and event features are tied into very old website code that is not usable.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on April 23, 2010 at 12:48 pm

This would be great, if that's possible.

Welcome to 84.239.148.84.
Big hand-made and tested weapons pack, more then 200 items. Thats's totally balanced.

Posted on April 24, 2010 at 11:08 pm

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/files/TMLogScanSA.msi

After you install it, you will find the remote client msi file in a sub folder in the installation directory.

Documentation is included, just post here if you have questions.

ALL: Anyone who is interested can use it. I updated it so tat it works under Vista, but I haven't tested it under Windows 7, and don't plan to.

I should also add that logscan does not scan the log files anymore. It reads the output text box on the treadmark server's gui, so there is no delay when it responds to player votes.

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on April 25, 2010 at 6:14 pm

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/files/TMLogScanSA.msi

After you install it, you will find the remote client msi file in a sub folder in the installation directory.

Documentation is included, just post here if you have questions.

ALL: Anyone who is interested can use it. I updated it so tat it works under Vista, but I haven't tested it under Windows 7, and don't plan to.

I should also add that logscan does not scan the log files anymore. It reads the output text box on the treadmark server's gui, so there is no delay when it responds to player votes.

I'm Interested

This Program Shall Be Quite Useful For A Few Servers I Want To Launch

Thanks Killer

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on April 29, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Briliant!!!
Perfect!!!
Im happy!!!
Thank you very much Killer!!!

But I have questions:

1. I need some statistic for my site, like I say before: ping, number of on-line players and if posssible their names and so on. I can write script by myself to upload stats on server page but I need statistics in text file. Is that posssible?

2. Can you add into programm ability to hide to tray TM server, becouse I have run server on my desktop PC. (In C# this released easy and I can help in this case with code.)

I wantn't serve LDA server so dont care about possibility to ruin the game community.

Now I collect all weapons which can and making it more balanced and funny.
So I would be happy if you help me with my quistions.
In the future I may offer to the TM game community more funny pack ever you can see, of course if you are iteresting in.

And again thank you.

Posted on April 30, 2010 at 12:18 am

I don't have the time to do any coding outside of my job, and I really don't want to get dragged into logscan again. I created this version for the folks that need to remotely control their game servers and want to be able to allow players to vote to skip maps and such. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, any spare time I get I'd rather be working on and recording music than having to write code, which I do 10 hrs a day 5 days a week at work for the past 20 years. I cannot give out the source code either as a chunk of the code has been reused at my job making it proprietary (namely the inter-process gui access code, which is a generic library I created).

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on April 30, 2010 at 8:18 am

Can I get earlier version of this great application, because I really need some statistic for site?

Posted on April 30, 2010 at 10:19 pm

As I said before, the statistics were not handled by the application. It was handled by a very complex website using SOAP based webservices.

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on April 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm

As I said before, the statistics were not handled by the application. It was handled by a very complex website using SOAP based webservices.

statistics are nice

however i at least don't need them i know of other ways to log information without that

the TM default client logs info of everything being processed

but not in the best or most interested way

Posted on May 1, 2010 at 2:56 am

that ia what tmlogscan used (the dedicated cfg logs). It turned out to be too slow as TM buffers up the log file output and writes it out in chunks. The less busy the sever, the long it takes tm to write out the buffer. So I rolled up my sleeves and worked out a way to read the gui from another process. This worked great, as I got the same info as the log file, but instantaneously. My boss got interested in my code, and it became the basis for a testing tool we use at my job.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 4, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Killer, I'm really interesting in web statistic. If it's possible give to me worked application which can give statistic in any view I would be happy. I'm don't care about format of data. As I said I know programming (C, C++, PHP, C#) and best way in this case get application which can give me statistic. SOAP it's technology of data exchange so this would be nice practice for me, with some explaining and examples I can write my own web server for your application.
I make half of my application which would be on-line bot (simply client) for TM server but this is hard and long way. If you are really can't give me another version of this tool this would be terrible but it's your choice.

I'm sorry for annoying.