Skip navigation

Might be pointless/difficult, but...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Might be pointless/difficult, but...
Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 1, 2010 at 1:38 pm

This might be pointless to ask or difficult to actually obtain tools for, but I'd like to work on a couple of tracks for TreadMarks. Had most of the available modding software on my old laptop, but when the HDD failed catastrophically, well...:sigh:

Need way to create/edit all file types I'd need for both sorts of mods (tracks and tanks/weapons). As for meshes, well... LOL

(BTW: Have created a Q&D mod of the cruise missile. Created a new look for it, and it's about 2x faster than the normal. Called it Black Plague, mainly because it's so fast you probably would never see it and you get 30 of them per pickup. Have yet to post it anywhere, though. It's not really what I consider a true mod or (really) a new weapon.) Have noticed the AIs don't really know what to do with it, though. LOL They seem to think it's a normal cruise missile, so their fire rate is mercifully slow, usually.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 1, 2010 at 9:13 pm

This might be pointless to ask or difficult to actually obtain tools for, but I'd like to work on a couple of tracks for TreadMarks. Had most of the available modding software on my old laptop, but when the HDD failed catastrophically, well...:sigh:

Need way to create/edit all file types I'd need for both sorts of mods (tracks and tanks/weapons). As for meshes, well... LOL

(BTW: Have created a Q&D mod of the cruise missile. Created a new look for it, and it's about 2x faster than the normal. Called it Black Plague, mainly because it's so fast you probably would never see it and you get 30 of them per pickup. Have yet to post it anywhere, though. It's not really what I consider a true mod or (really) a new weapon.) Have noticed the AIs don't really know what to do with it, though. LOL They seem to think it's a normal cruise missile, so their fire rate is mercifully slow, usually.

i know of all the necessary tools to mod tread marks and i know where to get them as i am also working on designing some mods

heres some links to where to get em

vorklift (random chaos)

TM downloads + cat clan (hosted by VOR and cat clan may no longer be part)

TBHCCS server (probably harmlesses or somebody else's site can't remember who's it is)

good to know there is someone besides me modding

Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on April 2, 2010 at 3:05 am

Ouch! Hopefully I will not have to experience those the black plague

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on April 2, 2010 at 8:35 pm

TM Mapper 2 is on my site:

TM mapper 2 zip

informational text file

Posted on April 8, 2010 at 4:13 pm

GA666 stated:Ouch! Hopefully I will not have to experience those the black plague
Muhahahah! If you are ever fortunate enough to visit a server called "Jen's Hell", it contains a copy of my mod... and you'd better hope she's not playing at the time, 'cause her current record for kills is > 350 in a 20-minute period.

Will be posting the mod somewhere, assuming anyone is remotely interested. If you are interested, please let me know on this thread or (when I create it if it ain't) on the thread for the weapon itself.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 8, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Hey guys! It's the creator of Jen's_Hell (as if the name doesn't say). My kills range from 250 - 375 on average almost every game. Once my fiancee Rdanner alters the server file to go live on the net I'll let ya all know. I'd love some REAL players to kill. ;)

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 8, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Hey again folks! My fiancee tested and Jen's_Hell is live on the net. Have fun! I'll be playing for what time my 3 year old will allow me while she's up!

Posted on April 8, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Hey guys! It's the creator of Jen's_Hell (as if the name doesn't say). My kills range from 250 - 375 on average almost every game. Once my fiancee Rdanner alters the server file to go live on the net I'll let ya all know. I'd love some REAL players to kill. ;)LOL! The server's running on the 'Net, guys. Just one word of caution: Do not choose liquid tanks. Due to a strangeness in the copy (haven't quite figured out why) used, the liquid tanks aren't showing up except for one.

Posted on April 8, 2010 at 11:54 pm

GA666 stated:Ouch! Hopefully I will not have to experience those the black plague
Muhahahah! If you are ever fortunate enough to visit a server called "Jen's Hell", it contains a copy of my mod... and you'd better hope she's not playing at the time, 'cause her current record for kills is > 350 in a 20-minute period.

Will be posting the mod somewhere, assuming anyone is remotely interested. If you are interested, please let me know on this thread or (when I create it if it ain't) on the thread for the weapon itself.

well what a coincidence i am developing a wicked mod of my own its called V0RTEX CATASTROPHE: THE ULTIMATE MOD OF DESTRUCTION AND CHAOS

i have it in development stages along with a few other mods i'm developing

i know very few people modding tread marks these days and i think i've heard of you both before

either that or more people are modding then i thought i'll check your mod out

mine is going to take the rest of this year to complete ensuring perfection with as many mods possible and if my personal life wasn't so time consuming i would already be done 3 years ago

i enjoy the competition let alone others making mods :)

Posted on April 12, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Not trying to compete, actually. I noticed there was an almost identical weapon in the "Death by Darkness" pack, but then, my weapon's still under development.

Working on posting the files up on my hosting account, but have a likelihood of changing comps within a few days, so may wait until the computer migration before I do post the thing publicly. I currently have two versions (the one that's on her server and another that is way faster reload) saved, though. ENTegrety isn't happy with it, though part of the problem is possibly the fact I don't have a complete list of the possible params for the different types of ENTs, and the errors seem to mostly be in the supporting ENTs, not mine. Strange stuff.

Another thing I'd like to do once I get my programming legs back under me is writing a system that allows folks to build an entire ENT set with one edit session, with probable integration with ENTegrety. (BTW: Anyone else notice the name of that app is misspelled? Should be (according to my spelling checker) "ENTegrity" (though that also gets red-lined due to the first three letters being uppercased). LOL)

Level 13 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on April 13, 2010 at 9:10 pm

mods? MODS? MOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDSSSS!!!!!!!

I never thought I would see the words "I am developing a mod" used in one sentence without the word "not" being there!

mods rule.

also: I feel G...O...O...D...

:P

Posted on April 25, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Okay! I've both variants available (yes, I do archive older versions) should anyone be interested. The newer is currently running (on "Airport Smackdown" server) and when "Jen's Hell" comes back up, it'll host the older one. Want people's opinion of the weapon in both forms. (Beware, it has a pretty hefty kick to it when it goes off; it's basically a micro-nuke tipped cruise missile.) ::evil grin:: Also: guidance is BETTER than the cruise missile, and it sticks around for 3 minutes. (Beware, beware!)

Note: I also did a Field Manual entry for the weapon; it's available in the newer one.

Posted on April 25, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Okay! I've both variants available (yes, I do archive older versions) should anyone be interested. The newer is currently running (on "Airport Smackdown" server) and when "Jen's Hell" comes back up, it'll host the older one. Want people's opinion of the weapon in both forms. (Beware, it has a pretty hefty kick to it when it goes off; it's basically a micro-nuke tipped cruise missile.) ::evil grin:: Also: guidance is BETTER than the cruise missile, and it sticks around for 3 minutes. (Beware, beware!)

Note: I also did a Field Manual entry for the weapon; it's available in the newer one.

i'll check it out

since i'm making a extreme mod myself that is beyond what anyone has done before me i would be more than happy to give you some constructive criticism about your mod

its been a while since anyone has made a mod for TM hopefully your mod is way better than ones that were already created a long time ago as your mod certainly sounds better:)

Posted on April 26, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Star Striker stated: after quoting me with: Okay! I've both variants available (yes, I do archive older versions) should anyone be interested. The newer is currently running (on "Airport Smackdown" server) and when "Jen's Hell" comes back up, it'll host the older one. Want people's opinion of the weapon in both forms. (Beware, it has a pretty hefty kick to it when it goes off; it's basically a micro-nuke tipped cruise missile.) ::evil grin:: Also: guidance is BETTER than the cruise missile, and it sticks around for 3 minutes. (Beware, beware!)

i'll check it out

since i'm making a extreme mod myself that is beyond what anyone has done before me i would be more than happy to give you some constructive criticism about your mod

its been a while since anyone has made a mod for TM hopefully your mod is way better than ones that were already created a long time ago as your mod certainly sounds better:)

Server is currently up. It IS residing on a laptop, as my desktop machine is down for a goodly time longer; it needs repairs I don't have the cash in the foreseeable future for, even though I can fix for under $600... ::sigh:: Sadly, it is tough to get money in this current economy. Especially for computer techs!

Posted on April 30, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Star Striker stated: after quoting me with: Okay! I've both variants available (yes, I do archive older versions) should anyone be interested. The newer is currently running (on "Airport Smackdown" server) and when "Jen's Hell" comes back up, it'll host the older one. Want people's opinion of the weapon in both forms. (Beware, it has a pretty hefty kick to it when it goes off; it's basically a micro-nuke tipped cruise missile.) ::evil grin:: Also: guidance is BETTER than the cruise missile, and it sticks around for 3 minutes. (Beware, beware!)

i'll check it out

Server is currently up. It IS residing on a laptop, as my desktop machine is down for a goodly time longer; it needs repairs I don't have the cash in the foreseeable future for, even though I can fix for under $600... ::sigh:: Sadly, it is tough to get money in this current economy. Especially for computer techs!

lol

my father is a computer tech i know quite a bit myself about fixing PC issues and modding tread marks....even a bit on networking

so no difficulty there for me i fix my own PC for free most of the time

also i tried your server a minute ago

No ping

the issue could be your ip ports are blocked or could be something else

let me know if you can fix this and i can help

i know TM more than anyone right now and i will and have set up servers in the past